Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed this unit and these rear speakers and these front speakers using existing speaker wiring but the sound is not as good as the newer car sound systems. I think it is because I need an amp but am not sure what to get that would work with what I have. Looking for something under $100 and not have to rewire the speakers if that is possible. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hate to say it but the headunit you have doesn't have four rca outputs. You'll have to split them if you want to keep your existing headunit with a four channel amp. You want an amp that puts out at least 45 plus watts rms at 4 ohms. I know someone on here is going to bash me, but I run hifonics (Brutus) for my mids/tweets and one also for my L7's. I know they're not top notch, but will do when on a budget. I'll let someone else chime in for a suggestion.

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Does your car have significant road noise?

Modern cars typically have less road noise, better speaker positioning and often have component speakers (where the tweeter is separate from the speaker). The B-body (especially the wagon) lacks all 3 of these.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does your car have significant road noise?

Modern cars typically have less road noise, better speaker positioning and often have component speakers (where the tweeter is separate from the speaker). The B-body (especially the wagon) lacks all 3 of these.
I installed sound deadening material under the carpet all over the floor and headliner. It's pretty quiet. The speakers are in the factory location, the door and rear side compartments. The doors have separate tweets. But the sound is still too tinny.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hate to say it but the headunit you have doesn't have four rca outputs. You'll have to split them if you want to keep your existing headunit with a four channel amp. You want an amp that puts out at least 45 plus watts rms at 4 ohms. I know someone on here is going to bash me, but I run hifonics (Brutus) for my mids/tweets and one also for my L7's. I know they're not top notch, but will do when on a budget. I'll let someone else chime in for a suggestion.
How to you split them?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts