Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a DGGM Impala SS with less than 50K miles. I have owned a couple of these and I am looking for the following:

Texas/Oklahoma Car Preferred
100% Original Paint with No Body Damage
Would Prefer an Unmolested Car - Custom stereos, wheels and interiors do not add any value for me.
Original Window Sticker
Rust free especially the under-carriage.

I live in Dallas, so anything local would be of great interest. Below is my contact information if you have something available:

David Schmitz
[email protected]
469-576-6330

·
Registered
142 Posts
This place had one listed on eBay recently. I never made it over to see it. May still have it. low miles.

below is the message I got from them.

good luck!

3107 W Camp Wisdom Rd Ste 215 Dallas, Texas 75237 ask for Keith, he's the Gen Mgr, or you call him at 214-330-6255

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked at that car today and for a 20K mile car it needed a lot of work. The car came from NJ and had spent some time outside, so the interior and exterior had weather damage along with some under-carriage surface rust. It also has a significant miss-fire, so more than likely it needs an opti-spark as well. Probably a decent project car, but the seller wants too much money at 15K.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice car, but too far away from Texas. I would consider a DCM, but black is definitely out for me.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I looked at that car today and for a 20K mile car it needed a lot of work. The car came from NJ and had spent some time outside, so the interior and exterior had weather damage along with some under-carriage surface rust. It also has a significant miss-fire, so more than likely it needs an opti-spark as well. Probably a decent project car, but the seller wants too much money at 15K.
Did they still have the Black SS?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The black SS was already sold. This guy buys and sells Impalas and I know he will have more soon. Strange dealer because he specializes in custom wheels and audio equipment.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Dave,
Well that did not take long ;)

You want to be back in the Impala SS game!

Michael

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Michael,

Really just testing the waters to see what is available. If I can find the right car at a reasonable price it gives me a project car to work on. As you know Impalas are a mixed bag, but this time I have 20-years of experience as to what to improve and what to leave alone....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bob,

You have a really nice car, but this time around I am looking for something a little more stock for pleasure drives with the wife and kids. My last Impala had a built Golen 383 and I spent more time under the hood than enjoying the car. Good luck selling your car because someone is going to get a really fast car.

David Schmitz

·
Premium Member
1,317 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, after I sorted it out, this car has been a blast to drive, I just don't drive it anymore. I would love to see it go to someone who could appreciate the work put into it. It's not really for sale, but some Impala devotee would really enjoy it. Good luck with your search, you have other fast cars, too!:wink2:

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
I have a 1996 DGGM with 8,000 miles. Only been outside over night twice. Always in temperature controlled garage. The car is showroom perfect with no mods at all. $19,000.00. If you would like pictures email me at [email protected].

I can and will vouch for this car....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts