Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to buy...new or like new 11x2 brake drums thinking there have to be a few used sets out there floating around from disk brake conversions.

I got a set of Brembo drums from Rock Auto as I wanted a drum that I thought was good quality and balanced. They were out of round and warped and because I was 30 days past purchase date, Rock Auto would not exchange or replace (they were on closeout). My car actually vibrates from those turd salads.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
It would be cheaper to just get some from O'Reillys or Advance b/c
shipping is going to be prohibitive.
Plus do you really want to use a used brake drum? C'mon MAN!

Nab

·
Registered
7,879 Posts
Plus do you really want to use a used brake drum? C'mon MAN!

Nab

x2

When shopping good idea to purchase or order to a local store to visibly inspect. Last year ordered new Wagner drums. Same part number on box but visibly different castings and entirely different casting numbers on each. And clearly different grind pattern/profile used. Played absolute hell returning them but did after enough threatening/shaming. All this from a recognized mailorder here. Found a good set at NAPA for same price. Oh, and clean well and paint right away. It's tough getting the rust off to do it anyway when they look like hell later.

·
Registered
10,948 Posts
I have 2 NOS new Wagner drums. Wagon drums, Whatever they were, the big 11 inch something drum. Century castings (That's what they say) Made in USA. (They are OLD probably 1990s) One has a box one does not got wrecked. I painted them BBQ black on the outside and I WANT THEM GONE. Want them for little money? It won't be cheap to ship

Ya the new Chinese drums are total garbage. Always out of round, how does it even make it over here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts