Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching the local junkyards for the Caprices/Impalas and haven't had any luck.

I am looking for the lower plastic that runs from the driver's side of the front bumper to the driver's side wheel well.

Also looking for two nice air deflectors/brake coolers and the center piece that completes the set.

I have seen the coolers new on ebay but just wanted to know if any of you wanted to part with them for a little cheaper.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I could buy the center piece from street trends but i'm actually looking for 9C1 air dams.

As for the other piece, (wheel well to bumper) if any of you com across one, let me know.

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
Those 9C1 Airdam corners have been discontinued. The center section is the same on both setups. The only parts still available new are just the right side corner, I have yet to see any left sides new anymore. Your only option may be used for those corner pieces.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't mind a used set. the cheaper the better, just as long as they are not too torn up.

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
The GM name for the piece up under the bumper is Wheelhouse Extensions.

You car looks nice, I like the color, is it factory? More pics?

·
Registered
10,906 Posts
I have a DS wheelhouse extension for $45 shipped. Yours looks fine except for missing one of the speednuts.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I have a DS wheelhouse extension for $45 shipped. Yours looks fine except for missing one of the speednuts.
Looks like Vautsmeier is already helping me out with that piece. pm'd me. But if that falls through I'll hit you up.

I took a couple speednuts off when I removed the cooler. A couple weeks after I got the car back from the shop, I was up to about 85 mph on Highway 50 when I heard what sounded like a flat tire. Pulled over and noticed no flat tires so, dumbfounded, I climbed under the car and noticed the pressure on the brake cooler pulled the wheelhouse extension out of the bumper and it was flapping in the wind.

Before I put it back up, I noticed that some of the extension had been scraped off, (i never heard it hit the ground but about 1 3/4" had been scraped off). With the cooler still in place, any time I got up to 80 mph (avg speed of I-50 and I-80) the thing would pop out again and flap around and trust me, that is not what she said.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You car looks nice, I like the color, is it factory? More pics?

Thanks! She's about a 10-footer right now but she's gettin' there.

The color is factory Marblehead which I actually didn't care for all that much but now it's really grown on me.

I need to take some updated pix but here's one I just took from the office (I took it through glass and looks a little distorted but it still showcases the color):

1 - 13 of 13 Posts