Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Wanted drawing of rear axle with rearend mounting 4 bolt plate area on any side.

3K views 32 replies 3 participants last post by  Columbus 
#1 · (Edited)
Hallo. I have 92's civil caprice with G80 3.08 rearend.
I plan to implant rear 330mm disk disk brakes from bmw 5 that is most closely same as stock 94-96 b-body disk brakes!
But i do not have a mounting location and axle drawings with width and sizes all this area to make mountig plate.
Does anybody have this drawings or can help with this stuff?

#4 ·
See page 2, "small GM 10/12 bolt" pattern info

Can we assume you are not going to be using a park brake? C6/C6 Corvette rotors, which should be available from Brembo, might be a better choice, but I understand you do not have any B-body disc brake backing plates, so (apparently) no park brake. How thick are BMW rotors? C6 Z51 rear rotors are 330 x 26.

#6 ·
One thing you must be aware of is the axle shaft flange diameter of a B-body could easily be larger than the hat diameter of some of the rotors you are considering. Beyond that, the mix/match of parts you're proposing is nothing I'm familiar with, and I can only suggest the weight class of the vehicles you are looking at parts from are possibly not appropriate - but I realize you have different or fewer resources than are available here. All I can say is Good Luck!

#14 · (Edited)
Not that large, sorry - the 17" SS wheel barrel tapers down from the inboard bead toward the front. A 330mm C6 rotor and caliper has a radial requirement of 7.8" (198mm), and is EXTREMELY close to the wheel barrel at a point further inboard than the measurement point in your picture. That leaves the target of 205mm radial clearance digging into the wheel from my viewpoint. It may measure in that range - just will depend on the rotor size & bridge height of the caliper you're using, but I would not count on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.