Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need the top intake bracket off of a I assume a camaro the one that doesn't have all the extra stuff for the plastic cover. let me know thanks

·
Registered
983 Posts
Hey Doug,

Not sure if I know what you are talking about exactly but I don't think that you need to do anything to remove the plastic "Home Plate". The mount can just come off and you will be left with a hole in the intake elbow that needs plugged.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is the fuel rail holddown without all the extra stuff on it. Maybe someone could lead me to an aftermarket one? Then I just have to figure out where to mount my idle air control motor (I think that is what is mounted on there)

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Dude, it's not that complicated. Remove the sensor from the bracket. It can just lay there nothing will happen to it. Remove the wire harness from the bracket. Remove the 4 bolts holding it on. Throw it in the trash. Put the 4 bolts back into the fuel rail. Problem solved.

·
Registered
890 Posts
just watch that the wires going to your #7 injector arn't rubbing anything, and other than that, just remove it and you're good to go

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this bracket holds the fuel rails down yeah I probably dont have enough pressure to blow them out but still It also holds the egr vacum sensor on a camaro the bracet holds down the fuel rail and the egr sensor bracket comes off of an intake bolt.

I'm sure there are other ways to do this but I would like to do it with the parts off of a camaro or an aftermarket setup if anyone these parts or can lead me to some I would appreciate it I saw some aluminum ones on a car for sale here.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Nothing holds the fuel rail down on a Camaro besides the fuel rail bolts. I promise. I have one. Just take those 4 bolts out, throw the bracket in the garbage, and put the 4 bolts back in and you have instantly transformed your B-Body to a "Camaro" intake manifold and fuel rails exactly as the all-knowing GM engineers designed it. This non-existent Camaro bracket is very affordable at $0 at any GM, Ford, or Hyundai dealer. Part number is 1.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nothing holds the fuel rail down on a Camaro besides the fuel rail bolts. I promise. I have one. Just take those 4 bolts out, throw the bracket in the garbage, and put the 4 bolts back in and you have instantly transformed your B-Body to a "Camaro" intake manifold and fuel rails exactly as the all-knowing GM engineers designed it. This non-existent Camaro bracket is very affordable at $0 at any GM, Ford, or Hyundai dealer. Part number is 1.
LOL, best reply I've seen in a while.

What makes it even better is the fact that it's all true.

·
Registered
890 Posts
well...

http://www.goldsswagon.com/Impala SS Technical Archives.htm#engine_camaro_dress

there were a few little things the camaro had on the intake manifold that the B-bodies did not

It seems pretty rare for people to have a problem with omitting them, but maybe the part numbers will help you find them. I'm pretty sure there was no actual bracket that went over the top of the manifold though

You could get a plenum cover from somewhere like naisso
http://impalasuperstore.com/superstore2010/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=48&cat=Engine+Bay+Dress+UP
to go on top of the motor, but it really is strictly a cosmetic part

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I didn't mean to sound like a jerk. Just trust us a little, some of us know what we're talking about sometimes. Mine is a 96 so I didn't have the EGR solenoid clipped to the homeplate bracket. That was a new one on me. Nothing a zip-tie can't take care of though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright you guys are right my parts where getting powdercoated and I thought that some pictures I looked had a bracket. Particularly the one in the thread (fantastic 95 dcm Impala 383 for sale) It looked like an aluminum l bracket but after getting my fuel rails and intake back I now know I was wrong Thanks for the help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts