Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a member who sells good working jeep shafts. I heard he cleans them up very well and even paints them all black. I need one shipped to 33317. Can anyone advise who has them or let me know if you got one for sale ???

Thanks ....

·
Premium Member
20,281 Posts
There is a member who sells good working jeep shafts. I heard he cleans them up very well and even paints them all black. I need one shipped to 33317. Can anyone advise who has them or let me know if you got one for sale ???

Thanks ....
I bought one but never used it......for that matter, never took it out the package.

PM me an offer.

KW

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
I believe that was member MC87SS that sold the jeep shafts. I've seen he has links up on the Monte Carlo forums as well for this mod. He was doing quite a bit of these but haven't seen him lately here.

I had one and sold it since it would not work with my current headers....very disappointing. I will be looking to get one soon myself to use when installing my new Tri-Y headers this spring. KW - let me know if he does not take you up on your offer as I might just do that rather than getting one from the JY.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I just ordered one from mc87ss. Should be here tomorrow I believe. I'll send him a link to this topic from the forum I contacted him on.

·
Registered
7,980 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
I had come across that link for crown automotive but they only sell to dealers.
I've seen that article before and its a good read, keep in mind that its a few years old and believe those new at most places are in the $100 - $120 range.

FWIW and anyone else looking for one. I tried to contact MC87SS via PM here as well as his direct email and got no reply. he has not been logged in here for about 2 months and I was getting antsy and found some other source.

This seller on ebay does pretty much the same thing and just bought mine from him for $59 plus free ship. Interestingly enough he is also out of Florida and thought it may have been MC87SS but he had no clue these would work on our cars. He sold them primarily for the Gbody cars and had no idea until I shared that with him. I told him he may want to get busy and get a few more. >:) I think the link is dead but he had 4 and only sold 2 so maybe he will list again. I'll post up info here once I get it and let you know what I think....

Lovely Funny Pet Cat Favor Amusing Toy False Mouse Rat Squeak Sound Kitten Toy | eBay

In addition to that and for anyone that may be interested in a Borgeson Shaft, I found this one Dirt Cheap.....

BORGESON HEAVY DUTY REPLACEMENT STEERING SHAFT 84-96 JEEP CHEROKEE XJ | eBay

Could have sworn it was a "Buy it Now" the other day but it's only at $51 now. I have nothing to do with this sale or know the person, just stumbled across it. As much as I like the part, I'm just not happy with all the Set screws this setup uses and just opted for the Jeep Shaft which only uses 2 bolts.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
I've seen that article before and its a good read, keep in mind that its a few years old and believe those new at most places are in the $100 - $120 range.

FWIW and anyone else looking for one. I tried to contact MC87SS via PM here as well as his direct email and got no reply. he has not been logged in here for about 2 months and I was getting antsy and found some other source.

This seller on ebay does pretty much the same thing and just bought mine from him for $59 plus free ship. Interestingly enough he is also out of Florida and thought it may have been MC87SS but he had no clue these would work on our cars. He sold them primarily for the Gbody cars and had no idea until I shared that with him. I told him he may want to get busy and get a few more. >:) I think the link is dead but he had 4 and only sold 2 so maybe he will list again. I'll post up info here once I get it and let you know what I think....

Lovely Funny Pet Cat Favor Amusing Toy False Mouse Rat Squeak Sound Kitten Toy | eBay

In addition to that and for anyone that may be interested in a Borgeson Shaft, I found this one Dirt Cheap.....

Could have sworn it was a "Buy it Now" the other day but it's only at $51 now. I have nothing to do with this sale or know the person, just stumbled across it. As much as I like the part, I'm just not happy with all the Set screws this setup uses and just opted for the Jeep Shaft which only uses 2 bolts.
Said the heck with it and bought the fancy Flaming River Shaft for $350.

D

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Wow !! Great heads up .... Is it worth the extra $60 to get a brand new shaft ? Or Should the used $60 be just as good ?

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
Got the shaft today and it looks and seems fine. I guess if you've seen 1, you've seen them all, so no pics really needed. Now I just need to swap my headers and FINALLY get this installed. Once I do, my Chevrolet will have parts on it from Buick, Jeep, Honda and Harley Davidson. My car is officially a Mut. >:)

Wow !! Great heads up .... Is it worth the extra $60 to get a brand new shaft ? Or Should the used $60 be just as good ?
Looks like you decided to go with the used shaft. To answer your ? I would say as long as the joints are still sound, then no reason paying twice as much for a new one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts