Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to eliminate the engine oil cooler on an LT1. Does someone have a filter adapter for sale for a B or D body without an oil cooler? I think these were common on 4.3 V8 as well as some Roadmaster sedans, especially without the towing package. From what I know they will only fit from 94 to 96 4.3 and LT1.

Thanks
Carl

·
Premium Member
1,267 Posts
lmk

sent a pm on the second if darth doesn't need 2

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sent a pm on the second if darth doesn't need 2
Hey, get in line Mike!!!!! Haha, just kidding. I was actually going to buy the second one for a spare but I don't have to have it at this point.

Go for it. If you hadn't been so good to me a few years ago selling me that stuff I may think different but I owe you one!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nab (Blu Wail) should have one...

Good to see you around here again!

Jason.
Thanks Jason. I've been reading here sometimes but getting behind on car stuff. Kids are to the age it's taking a lot of our time.

I should be able to tell you in a week or so why I need this filter adapter.

By the way, did you ever come over and join the Canadian Poncho website? You have a car that fits in there don't you?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Does anyone have one of these filter adapters to delete the oil cooler?? My lines are leaking bad. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Yes, i have one. Gimme a few days to pull it off and ill clean it up. Just got my new lines so i gotta do an oil change n put the lines with new adapter on

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
20 + shipping sound fair? ill clean it up and send you a pic

·
Registered
443 Posts
I am looking to eliminate the engine oil cooler on an LT1. Does someone have a filter adapter for sale for a B or D body without an oil cooler? I think these were common on 4.3 V8 as well as some Roadmaster sedans, especially without the towing package. From what I know they will only fit from 94 to 96 4.3 and LT1.

Thanks
Carl
Carl:

My Caddy does not have an oil cooler and I want to add one. Should have the adapter you need. Do you also have the lines? If you want to do a trade, the only problem I can see is that it is my daily driver so would need your stuff before I can send you mine.

Bill

·
Registered
7,886 Posts
Depending on header/cat arrangement you can use one of these.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SES-3-60-08-900/
Then you use a big filter spec'd for like an 80s big block.

The adapter most of you are talking about was often called a "vette" adapter because the Vette got no oil cooler on the LT1 or LT4. If you look it up that way in a GM catalog you wont have to worry about how the car was optioned.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Carl:

My Caddy does not have an oil cooler and I want to add one. Should have the adapter you need. Do you also have the lines? If you want to do a trade, the only problem I can see is that it is my daily driver so would need your stuff before I can send you mine.

Bill
I did find one eventually, thanks. Wish it would have cured my problem but it didn't. I was eliminating the cooler because I thought it was leaking oil into the coolant but that was not the problem. It appears I may have a cracked block, as oil pushes into the coolant and out the reservoir.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Buick Roadmasters came with no oil coolers as well. Had the proper adaptor to run the PF52 filter.
If you are shopping for an adapter, be careful because some Roadmasters did come with engine oil coolers from the factory, although it may be a bit unusual.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts