Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a discontinued part, and it was unique to the 94-96 B-body sedan with rear disc brakes.

The part mounts on the disc-brake rear axle housing--right side only, one per vehicle. It's used to keep the RH park brake cable pulled down to prevent it from rubbing on the frame.

Photos attached - the 2 shots on-car are from the WRDC installation on my wagon - here's another shot from a slightly different angle, showing how the cable is held down by the guide.

Anyone that has ANY of these guides, or can put their hands on ANY--please contact me. I'm looking for more than just one....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
Hey Bill. If you locate some I am going to need one when I convert my B4U from drum brakes over to disc brakes so keep me in mind. Good Luck in your quest.

Mike--94MSP9C1

·
Registered
826 Posts
This is a discontinued part, and it was unique to the 94-96 B-body sedan with rear disc brakes.

The part mounts on the disc-brake rear axle housing--right side only, one per vehicle. It's used to keep the RH park brake cable pulled down to prevent it from rubbing on the frame.

Photos attached - the 2 shots on-car are from the WRDC installation on my wagon - here's another shot from a slightly different angle, showing how the cable is held down by the guide.

Anyone that has ANY of these guides, or can put their hands on ANY--please contact me. I'm looking for more than just one....
Bill, if you are planning on reproducing these, I belive I have one that i took off of a junk car about 6 yrs ago that I never installed yet. I am about to install it soon if i can find it though, as I am doing the rear brakes again.

If you are reproducing i could send it to you so long as I get a replacement back in the future.

LMK and i'll search for it in the mean time

·
Premium Member
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bill, if you are planning on reproducing these, I belive I have one that i took off of a junk car about 6 yrs ago that I never installed yet.

If you are reproducing i could send it to you so long as I get a replacement back in the future.
Here's hoping you can find it--if you do, I've got another guy who will try to make some, but needs a sample--I'll PM both of you to get this moving.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I have a spare SS rear in the garage, will check out it out tomorrow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts