Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I recently smashed my passenger side view mirror (glass and housing) for a 1996 impala. Can anyone recommend a specific aftermarket part that they know works well or possibly a used one for sale? They wouldn't let me post this in the correct section.

Thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
I suggest ebay for a new aftermarket passenger power mirror. They are all black at about $55 each.

I've painted a couple to match the color of a particular car. You just need to get a can of touch up paint, maybe two cans, and a can of clear coat.

Cut a piece of cardboard just under the size of the lens and tape it down. The other option is to pop off the lens but I've never done that. Then you hang the entire assembly from something like the handle on a garage door and spray away!

If you aren't comfortable painting the part yourself, get a friend to do it for the cost of a couple of drinks or dinner or reach into your pocket to pay a body shop.

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
I've got a gloss black unit in the attic. Let me know if you're interested and I'll take some pix, and we can go from there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.