Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some things on my to do list:
On top of trying to get rid of my rollpan rear bumper so I can get a stock style smoothie bumper and replacing my impala spoiler with a langness one I am also considering going a little more "murdered out" with the car. I am running the "ultimate" smoothie front bumper and I also have a billet grille. To the point.

Does anyone have pictures of a b-body with blacked-out billet grilles? whether it be the one on the bumper or the one on the hood or both? And should I paint them or powdercoat?

Even if you don't have pictures please feel free to give me some feedback. I'm open for criticism. I also included some pics of the car to help visualize how it might look if I go through with it.
Thanks,
Ray

Attachments

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Paint does not hold up very well on grilles,I would suggest getting both grilles powdercoated, black of course since your going for a murdered look also tint them fog lights. Langess would be a great addition to you ride!

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
YES SIR! *notes all these grilles are FLAT black*
my bro aaron imp (painted)

sharp96ss(PC)

pimpala-ss(PC)

408_LT1 got one on his DCM too i just cant find a good pik

and im doin mine like that also

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
YES SIR! *notes all these grilles are FLAT black*
my bro aaron imp (painted)

sharp96ss(PC)

pimpala-ss(PC)

408_LT1 got one on his DCM too i just cant find a good pik

and im doin mine like that also
Those SS's are tight bro, i likes that, Peace

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright so the blacked out billets idea is a go. And I'll look into doing the fogs as well. I know I want a langness spoiler.

What do you guys think about the rear? Should I just get the exhaust cutouts fiberglasses shut, keep the rear rollpan, and have the rear billet blacked out too? Or should I buy a whole new rear bumper? I've been debating this for quite sometime now.

Here's some rear pics

Attachments

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Or should I buy a whole new rear bumper? I've been debating this for quite sometime now.
Get a whole new bumper cover,it will look so much better and you will also be much safer with the actual bumper behind cover back on..

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it will look better with a stock style smoothie bumper as well. As for the rear support, not happening. I will be racing this thing and the extra weight from the turbo setup and Air to Water intercooler is bad enough. Ill take my chances. I've been driving the car without the support for about 3 years. Thanks for all the support guys.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Some things on my to do list:
On top of trying to get rid of my rollpan rear bumper so I can get a stock style smoothie bumper and replacing my impala spoiler with a langness one I am also considering going a little more "murdered out" with the car. I am running the "ultimate" smoothie front bumper and I also have a billet grille. To the point.

Does anyone have pictures of a b-body with blacked-out billet grilles? whether it be the one on the bumper or the one on the hood or both? And should I paint them or powdercoat?

Even if you don't have pictures please feel free to give me some feedback. I'm open for criticism. I also included some pics of the car to help visualize how it might look if I go through with it.
Thanks,
Ray
I think it looks great how it is now,It already looks murdered out but yeah,I definitely think you should put smoothy rear bumper on,I never liked the rollpan bumpers.Keep up good work.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will do. Thanks

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Your car is gona be a beast! a stock smoothie and langness are really going to set it off!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hell yeah man. Now I just need to find someone to buy my rollpan and impala spoiler. LOL

·
Registered
28 Posts
I love my rollpan but mine does not have the exhaust cut outs so I tucked mine behind the pan. With your side exit I think the smooth factory would look great. Did you get your fogs from ST or somewhere else I have the same bumper but still need the lights.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got the fogs off of ebay. I actually have a brand new set sitting in the box with all the wiring just in case I have to replace either one of my lights. And as for the side exits I'm really thinking about dumping the exhaust underneath the car before the rear axle. Still a little undecided though.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
pic of mine was already posted, but here are some better ones.

one piece billet grill, shaved stock grill, PC'd satin black. still looks new after 6 years.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sexy!!!!! I want mine just like that. I can't wait to see how it looks when I get the one in the bumper done too!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They are Pilot fog lights. I'm not 100% sure which ones. I don't have the box with me. The ones I have are yellow when they are on.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
im sending sharp my billet in 2-3 weeks to have done in a satin or the lowest gloss black he has...i dont think you can lose with a blacked out billet..

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Pimpala that looks good up close

1 - 20 of 20 Posts