Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ! my Caprice SS '96 make this warning chime every time Light switch set to position ON..from park lights to main lights. any advice please? thanx

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi ! my Caprice SS '96 make this warning chime every time Light switch set to position ON..from park lights to main lights. any advice please? thanx

Should be chiming if either parking or main lights are on if its doing it. If that is happening then you likely have a door pin not working and it thinks a door is open. Or an issue in the wiring of the door pins.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Remove and replace chime module. If that does not stop it you might have to replace it.

Four things have to occur for the headlight warning:

Park or headlights on. (working)
Ignition lock cylinder in "off"
Key out of cylinder
Driver's door open
FSM "system check" Audible Warnings (1994)

It is hard to believe two switches and the ignition power on circuit have all failed. That said you will have to get out the test light and check the socket of the chime to see if the correct signals are being sent to the chime. You are going to need FSM.

Check fuse #13 first. Does your Cruise control work?
Does your key in ignition + driver's door open chime work?

·
Banned
3,437 Posts
when the ignition is off the headlight switch turned on will cause the chime warning .
so when the ignition sw is on , and you turn on the headlight switch causing this , possible a connection to the module chime poor connection . any after market or wiring modifications ?

if so check those un soldered crimps etc...use meter .

I had to fix my chime because it would NOT chime .. chime coil was too short so it broke off had to add a little more length to the coil so it would chime . guessing the module is green..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts