1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
If you do that, you should get a swift kick in the ballscwm8

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Nope, I think it would look sick. Have you ever seen an impala with one?
No I have not. It might look better than it sounds but it just doesn't sound right.

I you can't find one, maybe you could mod one off a wagon.
Good luck with your quest. Glad you didn't take my comment to seriously.

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
For the love of jebus don't do it!

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
And useful too, especially if a passenger dies :)
:)cwm2

If you upgrade to a longer roof, part of the package included a factory roof rack.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
James from GoFASST had one on his SS. Cant remember his handle on here at the moment

·
Registered
2,685 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
eagleco94 i think.
Last time i talked to James, he is in germany on orders.
Yep, thats him.

Just talked to him on skype and he will be putting up pics soon.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I don't have very good pics over here in Germany...most of them are on my backup drive in storage, but this is what I've got here. These were taken when I was in college at UCF back in 2002, shortly after I picked up my FHP Caprice...before deployment and my SS.

I do have an SS, and with the rack on top that just means that I can go for a weekend with plenty of gear...in style!

Look up the Thule website for a 91 and up Caprice. They didn't have a listing back then for an Impala SS although the roofline is the same.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I can understand if your looking to put this roof rack on a Honda or some other fart car, bcuz of lack of space. But, this makes
absolutely zero cents, bcuz you can just put both bikes in the trunk!:confused:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Yep. They work great. I've one made by Saris. Been using it for 6 years. A little nicer than the Thule offfering, but they've since discontinued it. Great for hauling the kayak that won't fit in the trunk and minor moving. They can come right back off after use as easily as they go on. As long as it serves your purposes, anyone else who doesn't like it can just, well...anyway. Let me know if you need any additional pics.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts