Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
thank you for the join. I have a question if could you help me out. I have a leak coming from the driver side block I think. it was leaking on the block or the exhaust pipes and it started smoking. I would assume that what was causing the smoke. I could see a lot of water on the fire wall and on the plug but could see the water leak. I could take a picture and videos of the area. I can't upload the video but hope this picture helps. thank you in advance if you can help me out? this is on my 99ss

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,397 Posts
If it is truly the head bolt and that is not spatter,
up around a head bolt is a bit of a rarity but I have seen it .
Problem- question is , is, has the thread sealer failed or is the coolant coming across the deck ?
In my mind, the only correct solution is pull the heads .

Stop gap would be GM " pellets"

Semi stop gap would be remove the head bolts one by one in order, clean , seal, torque one by one.

If it was mine and it is coming up the head bolt, I would pull the heads.

·
Premium Member
8,553 Posts
Is that a washer under the head of the bolt? Can't remember if the stock head bolts came with washer. Don't think so but remember. If so, looks like that was a possible quick fix maybe?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Problem- question is , is, has the thread sealer failed or is the coolant coming across the deck ?

Semi stop gap would be remove the head bolts one by one in order, clean , seal, torque one by one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you

here is some more pictures thank you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts