Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,706 Posts
You can get the tape from a hardware store, Walmart, lots of places I'd imagine...or you can get the sealant paste from an autoparts store, can't say for certain if they'll have the tape or not but either product will do.

Just have to use enough, not sure how else to describe it but it's just there to fill in the threads better and prevent the water/coolant from flowing past.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can get the tape from a hardware store, Walmart, lots of places I'd imagine...or you can get the sealant paste from an autoparts store, can't say for certain if they'll have the tape or not but either product will do.

Just have to use enough, not sure how else to describe it but it's just there to fill in the threads better and prevent the water/coolant from flowing past.
Thanks man your info was very helpful i appreciate it

·
Registered
576 Posts
Since you've already refilled your coolant system, the plumbers tape would be your best bet. Have an assistant ready to apply the tape on the coolant temp sensor threads while you plug the hole with your thumb so coolant doesn't leak everywhere.......... or drain the system again.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since you've already refilled your coolant system, the plumbers tape would be your best bet. Have an assistant ready to apply the tape on the coolant temp sensor threads while you plug the hole with your thumb so coolant doesn't leak everywhere.......... or drain the system again.
Ok ill do that thanks man

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.