Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Price went up a little due to material costs, but not by much. $8.50 Shipped to US and Canada, and If International will get a quote.

These are Aluminum CNC machined LT1 Water Pump Seal Tools. The seal on the water pump drive shaft is a double lip teflon seal. You need a special tool to slightly stretch the lips so the inner can go onto the seal area without folding in. Kent Moore sells the tool to do this, but their cost is now $80+. Buy from me, you won't go wrong :)

You can use a socket, or the drive coupler, but they're not tapered, and of course not specifically made for the job :)

I accept paypal, and money orders, but prefer paypal. I will be shipping these end of this coming week, when they are in hand. You can prepay if you want, and will ship when they come in. PM me for payment info.

·
Registered
238 Posts
GGGRRRRRR, I wish you would have came back out with this when I had changed my seals last month. Not having the proper tool = a damaged seal lol. I think I'll still be purchasing one though because this is a must have.

·
Registered
69 Posts
sorry for the dumb question but were are you guys finding the seal? water pump on mine appears to have a small leak, at the weap hole in the bottom. Would like to get the tool if I can find the seal.

tnx, cesar

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Look at the sticky at the top of the heating/cooling/hvac area. You can also search, there are many threads about changing the pump.
If the water pump is leaking, it will need to be replaced. There is an oil seal on the shaft which drives the water pump from the timing chain area which should be replaced when you do the water pump. That is what this tool is for.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Look at the sticky at the top of the heating/cooling/hvac area. You can also search, there are many threads about changing the pump.
If the water pump is leaking, it will need to be replaced. There is an oil seal on the shaft which drives the water pump from the timing chain area which should be replaced when you do the water pump. That is what this tool is for.
Ah ok cool . Tnx for the info.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Complimentary bump for a great product. It works on all years of LT1 btw, used it on my 92 Vette with the earlier style front cover.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts