Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't really stand the thought of not having a wagon. I really thought I would find a nice little S10 and be happy with a truck but the more I think about it, I need a wagon. I've been a wagon guy too long now not to have one. I just need one I can drive all the time and not worry TOO much about it. I prefer a WB4 in decent/good shape. Looking for a bargain since I'm not allowed to spend much now but I already have a "newer car fund" in place so we'll see how it builds over time. Not expecting to find anything today but I figured I'd get the word out so you guys can keep your eyes open for me. Mike

· Premium Member
4,859 Posts
How about a 1968 Impala SW. Numbers matching 396/325 hp, turbo 400, 12 bolt, 91K on the clock, 17" crager ss wheels, original T-3 headlights. All original right down to the gas cap chain. Drive it home. Everything works except dash lights.

· Premium Member
721 Posts
How about a 1968 Impala SW. Numbers matching 396/325 hp, turbo 400, 12 bolt, 91K on the clock, 17" crager ss wheels, original T-3 headlights. All original right down to the gas cap chain. Drive it home. Everything works except dash lights.
Where's home? Yeah, post pics!!

· Registered
159 Posts
Have you thought about a German wagon? I recently drove a friend's 2002 BMW 540it wagon and it was a blast. I also like the Mercedes E-class 4 matic (awd) wagons.

I am considering a 2001-2003 e39 525iT wagon with the 5 speed manual.

· Registered
159 Posts

· Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You can fetch a nice 2001-2003 BMW wagon for $7-13K

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1331997

I'm looking to spend up to $2,500 or so at this time. I had to sell my wagon to free up some money to pay off my wife's car, eliminate some medical bills, etc. and apply the car payment money to other things and get back on track. So for now I have to settle for something just to get me around. Like I said, I have a beater Tempo that I bought to drive in the snow so that I could park the wagon. In the spring I plan to sell it and make a little money on it and apply that with the money from the wagon that my wife doesn't know about;) and what I can save from odd jobs and my credit union account, that my wife doesn't know about;) and buy a nicer wagon (or something) later on.
As hard as it was to sell the wagon I felt it was time to face the facts, be a man and do what needed to done to get my family's finances on track again. I have my Grand National which is a toy and it just wasn't working having a car, the wagon, that I hated driving in the rain or even letting my kids get in. If I could've sold the GN and parked the wagon and used it as a toy, it would've made (a little) more sense.
I think Lorne will be able to give the car an even better home than I could as it won't even see the rain, let alone hauling kids, stuff from Lowes, etc. I'm not happy about having to sell it but I know deep inside it was the right thing to do at this point in my life.:(

· Registered
445 Posts
I'm looking to spend up to $2,500 or so at this time. I had to sell my wagon to free up some money to pay off my wife's car, eliminate some medical bills, etc. and apply the car payment money to other things and get back on track. So for now I have to settle for something just to get me around. Like I said, I have a beater Tempo that I bought to drive in the snow so that I could park the wagon. In the spring I plan to sell it and make a little money on it and apply that with the money from the wagon that my wife doesn't know about;) and what I can save from odd jobs and my credit union account, that my wife doesn't know about;) and buy a nicer wagon (or something) later on.
As hard as it was to sell the wagon I felt it was time to face the facts, be a man and do what needed to done to get my family's finances on track again. I have my Grand National which is a toy and it just wasn't working having a car, the wagon, that I hated driving in the rain or even letting my kids get in. If I could've sold the GN and parked the wagon and used it as a toy, it would've made (a little) more sense.
I think Lorne will be able to give the car an even better home than I could as it won't even see the rain, let alone hauling kids, stuff from Lowes, etc. I'm not happy about having to sell it but I know deep inside it was the right thing to do at this point in my life.:(
well at least you were able to keep one of them honestly, and thats better than no toys at all!!

· Premium Member
4,859 Posts
Keep this in mind. It is a 41 year old "VIRGIN". The underbody, body mounts, floor pans & underbody structure is complete, rust free & solid like new. It is amazing how everything works on this car since I had it for two years. I drove it home 15 miles on the dry rotted bias-ply may pop tires. Only work I did after I bought was the following: OIl change w/15w-40. Brakes including all wheel cylinders, shoes, hardware, hoses, & drums (for my piece of mind). Wheel & tire upgrade & dual exhaust w/50 series flowmasters. Last summer installed a water pump & upgraded the ignition system to HEI & valve cover gaskets as well. It has 91 K on the clock & will do 90 on the e-way without trying. I run SHELL premium fuel in da beast. Fun to drive. For sale at the right price.

· Registered
313 Posts

· Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.