Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finially after two freakin weeks my extended trailing arms are in. They even sent me the wrong ones, i ordered the fixed legnth ones and they sent me the asjustables, and from what i remember they were about 200 more. I going out to install them rite now and ill probly have plenty of questions so ill let yall know how it goes

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
With the extended you need the adjustable I thought...

Have fun, the install isn't hard, I just did this a couple weeks ago.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the adjustable is just for pinion angle ajdustments but i just wanted the fixed legnth ones. and my install isnt going so good, since the uppers were broke off the rear i cant get the bushings out

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If they're hard to get out you may have to drill the rubber out then knock the metal sleeve out by folding it in on itself with hammer and chisel.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, I had to use a sawzaw to cut wedges in the original bushings then I was able to take them out. Pain in the butt. I tried all sorts of "normal" things like wasting $90 on a bushing removal tool (stripped the threads right off the first try and that was by hand). With the sawzaw, they were out in 2 minutes flat.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alrite i worked on the thing all nite and finally just got done a little while ago, the rubber parts of the bushings just fell out but the metal part were so mangled i had to user the sawzall. check out what one of the uppers looked like

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.