Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Weird '94 Fleetwood Brougham

367 views 17 replies 0 participants last post by  96ermic 
G
#1 ·
Of the "weird" ones I've seen, they always seem to be '94s.

Case in point, this low mileage '94 Brougham. Everything seems typical, just your average Brougham--albeit with the vinyl delete (no CB5 code)--at first. Then I saw the spare tire (not really an indicator, but still I noticed it) was a GY Eagle GA, the tires they used OEM on V4P Tow Pack cars. But, keep scrolling down, and there's no manual fan and no mention of either V92 (I've seen a handful of those oddballs) or V4P...BUT, it lists the FE2 suspension.

So, any theories? It essentially just looks like your average Brougham optioned Fleetwood, but with the FE2 suspension randomly thrown in without any other usual equipment combined. Not that it's a bad combo--I'd love if mine was like this--but it's not a Tow Pack car and it's not a livery R1P car, so the FE2 suspension is just odd...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-ONLY-44-000-MILES-1-OF-A-KIND-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ260076928155QQihZ016QQcategoryZ6149QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

[ 01-18-2007, 01:35 PM: Message edited by: caddyguy109 ]

G
#3 ·
She sure is pretty and with low miles. But it sure does have a wierd colour combo. Red cars usually came with the tan interior did they not?

Everyone has a reason to buy the model they like; roof delete, certain factory mods etc. The one option that I had to have was the moonroof. I did find several that I liked with lower miles but no moon roof. First thing I went to check on this one was if it had the moonroof. None.

G
#4 ·
No, not buying a third.

Maybe you missed my point, but it's not that the colors or even the vinyl delete are that rare, it's just VERY odd that it has the FE2 suspension as a standalone option. That was never a choice, meaning this car falls into the handful of odd FW's built differently than factory options allowed.

Sort of like the V92 (i.e. just like Caprice and Roadmaster tow cars) '94 FWB on Ebay about a year ago--another option package combo that was never a Fleetwood feature.

Originally posted by 96ermic:
Everyone has a reason to buy the model they like; roof delete, certain factory mods etc. The one option that I had to have was the moonroof. I did find several that I liked with lower miles but no moon roof. First thing I went to check on this one was if it had the moonroof. None.
Few of these cars had moonroofs, or at least most of the ones that do (I'd say 60-70%) were all aftermarket power sliders subcontracted out by dealers when the cars were new. Trust me, I want one too ;) But, just like when new, it's not that hard to get the same kind of aftermarket power slider installed that looks OEM.

G
#6 ·
How do you know if it is an aftermarket slider or a factory installed one?

I have seen cars that do have the sliders along with the rear passenger vanity mirrors. Mine does not have them. Would this be a sign that I have a factory installed roof? Or would it be the other way around? Or were the vanity mirrors an option?

Joe

G
#7 ·

I have seen cars that do have the sliders along with the rear passenger vanity mirrors. Mine does not have them. Would this be a sign that I have a factory installed roof? Or would it be the other way around? Or were the vanity mirrors an option?

Joe
Yours is factory. My aftermarket moonroof has the vanity mirrors behind it.

G
#9 ·
Originally posted by 96Fleetwood:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 96ermic:

Joe
Yours is factory. My aftermarket moonroof has the vanity mirrors behind it. </font>[/QUOTE]That, or the simple way--just look at the button. If the overhead console has an OEM built in black switch that's the same as one of your window switches, it's OEM.

Like these OEM's:

And some typical aftermarkets:

ALSO, I have seen some aftermarket installs where they got rid of the rear mirrors (and, for whatever reason, the overhead console):

G
#11 ·
Originally posted by MrCadillac (Magnum):
I think you found my new dream car... I still kick myself over losing that Red one...
I was just thinking that ;)

Can't beat a Brougham, red with burgundy, AND no vinyl top, AND the completely random FE2 suspension...especially for you!

G
#12 ·
Red cars usually came with the tan interior did they not?

Everyone has a reason to buy the model they like; roof delete, certain factory mods etc.
Mine's red and I have the dark red interior. I didn't like it at first but it's grown on me.

I've never seen a FW with a roof delete option

G
#13 ·
Thanks for the pics caddyguy109. Mine is like photo 1 with the toggle switch. Thanks for the clarification.

Does the value of the car depreciate with a non standard slider or do people really care?

G
#16 ·
Originally posted by MrCadillac (Magnum):
uhh... look again. It's an R1P car!! It's also got the V03 cooling.
DOY! I knew I was missing something obvious. Then again, I'm not used to seeing R1P Broughams (the latter verified by V4S). Never thought those existed, but I guess they would have had to.

Definitely an attractive car then, being a Brougham with no vinyl AND the heavier duty bits underneath.

G
#17 ·
Thanks for the pics caddyguy109. Mine is like photo 1 with the toggle switch. Thanks for the clarification.

Does the value of the car depreciate with a non standard slider or do people really care?
No, not really, as long as the work was done properly. Again, that's largely because there were relatively few factory Astroroofs but once the cars were built there was still a decent number of buyers who wanted a sunroof--and the dealers delivered. So most you'll see do have aftermarkets, or at least more than half, and most people can't tell the difference.

G
#18 ·
I know we had the stats posted on these pages with regard to number of production for each model year and then breaking it down to number per colour. But are there any stats on how many fleetwoods were produced with the Astro roofs for the model years?

If anyone knows or has these stats, please post them.

I know that there where approx 1500 or so 1996 Fleetwoods produced in my colour. It would be interesting to know how few came with the factory roof.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.