Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Can't figure out if it's just me, or if others have had the problem, or what. For at least a few weeks now, or maybe a couple months, none of my posts show up under the "recent discussions" or "most popular discussions" areas. If I reply to an existing forum post, I'll show up there, but if I authored the original post, it'll never show up. They will show up in the "active topics" area, but that's it. It doesn't matter if I'm logged in or not, what browser I'm on, or even if I'm on another pc or even another ISP. If I author a post, it no longer shows up under recent discussions or most popular discussions. Always used to, but not anymore. Case in point, I put a post in the for sale section awhile back and it never showed up. I just added an update to that to indicate that I no longer need what I'm looking for, and I also started another thread to troubleshoot something, and neither are appearing under recent or most popular. I did get a response to my new thread almost immediately, but no clue if he saw it on the home page or just happened to be in that area of the forum and saw the new post there. It's just weird, especially since it always used to work fine for me. Anyone else have or notice this issue? Or is it just me?

Premium Member
I've noticed this too. I just hover over New Posts and then click on last day. It is a minor pain though. I've survived worse.

Mark: Snowman-33

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
At least I know it's not just me then. I'm not looking for anything special, it's just handy if I've been actively involved in something that I can quickly at a glance see whether anyone else has responded to it. It also ensures that others see it, at least until it's been flushed out by other newer posts, but I figure as long as it's there it increases the odds of your questions being answered.

I've also noticed today that I can't post quick replies, the button simply does not work. I have to go into one of the more advanced methods to reply to anything. That's less of an issue, for me at least, but still weird.

Registered
Ping the Mod. HeShe appears to consistently monitor the waves, but seems pretty attentive when made aware of one-off glitches as this.

Administrator
I checked the new posts out and I do see your thread there. Likely you're not seeing it since you created the thread and it is technically not new to you. Does it appear for you after someone replies to your thread?

Danniella

Attachments

Registered
I am able to see my new threads, when both checking in initially to confirm it got posted, and then later every time checking back in to Active Topics - even before the first and any subsequent replies.

I find New Posts sorta redundant to Active Topics, and with fewer total threads listed.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
As of late last night mine did start showing up. Not sure if you need to get a certain number of replies before they show up or if it was a glitch that worked itself out. It has nothing to do with me creating it, I've tried every possible scenario, logged in, not logged in, different computers, different isp's, cookies cleared out, etc. There's no possible way it had to do with me having created it. For awhile none of mine showed up even if they had replies, but the stuff I was posting last night did eventually show up once the reply count hit about 5 or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts