Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a little help here guys. 94ss 92k. New ff pcv valve wat pump. Ect temp sensor. Car not to long ago started missing on highway between 55-65 mph. It pulsates at red lights and when you first put it in gear and also takes a extra second to crank up although it always turns over. It lacks tire spinning power now and runs like crap and no cel. Hasn't turned off on me yet but now after a few minutes of driving it starts to smell like burning plastic inside the car. I'm thinking opti since I recently had a wp done twice after the first idiot messed up the job and nearly screwed my cam or flowmasters burning something being there fairly new. I need help. This sucks. I wanna ride.

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
May help if you take us back a bit, like to the impetus of replacing all these parts...and I will facepalm later over this, but what's an ff?

I wouldn't drive it any more until you figure it out what the something is that is burning...maybe you have a plastic walmart bag in your engine bay, hellifIknow.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
May help if you take us back a bit, like to the impetus of replacing all these parts...and I will facepalm later over this, but what's an ff?

I wouldn't drive it any more until you figure it out what the something is that is burning...maybe you have a plastic walmart bag in your engine bay, hellifIknow.
No prob kain. Fuel filter for ff lol. It started off a couple months ago. I was on the highway and noticed the motor breaking up a second at a time between 55-65 mph. I thought opti because my car had recently had 2 wat pump jobs. Unfortunately the guy I brung it to didn't know a damn thing but acted as if he did. After doing the pump the car pinged in red while squeeling. Come to find out the waterpump had been assembled wrong and that was the cam making the noise. I was told this by the second mechanic after he put the waterpump in properly and told me to be grateful my cam was fine. So with that I'm assuming the opti caught a nice shower lol. But the problems didn't start right after that. It started after I got back from a 400 mile trip. The car has been smelling like burnt plastic for quite some time notably after the flowmasters were put on. I've had it checked several times and nothing. So now its rough running and hesitating. I just need a few pointers. I'm willing to spend a little and wanna start smart.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Connecticut. Its depressing how b body is sort of foreign around here. I know a few people with ss s but they just put rims on em and beat em down. They have the tri 9 but good luck getting help from them or anyone around

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.