1 - 20 of 23 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
along with my impala ss wheels and kumhos and man i like it
before is kinda dark but you can see the 4x4 stance

after

and i have to say i am very impressed with the ride ,i'm going to get some zq8 bump stops and should be right on

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
WOW! Looking at those before and after pics sure makes me want to lower mine.That profile looks awesome.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man, that looks much better! So how do you like the ride?

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hold on to those old springs! If you ever want to put on 24" wheels... you HAVE THE SPRINGS!!!!

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Got Bearings?:
Hold on to those old springs! If you ever want to put on 24" wheels... you HAVE THE SPRINGS!!!!
lol i hear ya ,but there is no chance of that 17's are as big as those cars really need and i was really suprise that the ride is as good as stock.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who did you order your springs from? I have the fronts, but the rears were back ordered sometime ago when I was going to buy all four.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by ironroad9c1:
i have to say i am very impressed with the ride ,i'm going to get some zq8 bump stops and should be right on
Just trim the OEM bump stops, I ordered got those ZQ8 ones and I thought they were too big for that drop so I returned those and got the flat bell tech ones on one car the other I just cut the stock ones down.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i won the set off of ebay for 125 bucks ,my stops are destroyed from these local cops driving the weee out of it both are split right down the middle

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pardon the possibility of a dumb question, but are these the same lowering springs that JC Whitney sells for a 2/2 drop?

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes thats what i have heard ,i sem to remember them in there but haven't checked ,when i bought mine the guy posted them as comatiton engineering springs ,didn't know they where st's till i got em to the house.but for the price i can't beat em ,there suposivly 80 a pair from jc

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by jimmer818:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ironroad9c1:
i have to say i am very impressed with the ride ,i'm going to get some zq8 bump stops and should be right on
Just trim the OEM bump stops, I ordered got those ZQ8 ones and I thought they were too big for that drop so I returned those and got the flat bell tech ones on one car the other I just cut the stock ones down. </font>[/QUOTE]I cut the ZQ8's. You will notice the difference in the ride. Some people are actually resting on them. I cut mine so I have about 1/4-1/8" of space in there. Work great!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice looking stance on your Caprice. You can get the ZQ8 bumpstops (#15956547) through Dal for $17 plus shipping and handling. 1-800-362-9494. With your front end lowered that much it's a very good idea to get these extra cushy bumpstops. They literally absorb the big hits and greatly reduce tire rub. ST springs are available through JC Whitney.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wierd, that is the same drop on my car and the rear of mine is alot lower, see pic

jimmer- where does yours sit? do you have any pics?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sub you have sprints no? sprints are 2 / 3 inch drop if i remember right

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jimsterloc- Yes they are sprints but they are advertised as a 2" drop all around. To my knowledge both springs are manufactured and distributed in the same place, hell, my springs even arrived in a Suspension Tech box. They might even be the same spring, but I could be wrong.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dunno all the sprints i have seen sit low in the back ,i used some new poly spring cushions that came with a set of hotchkis rears i bought off a guy cause my rubber one where worn out

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea i hated to do it ,but i took em out ,the front was ringing on the bumpstops and its just not good so i chopped 3/4 of a coil off my 9c1 springs in the front and installed em and stuck my 9c1 rears back in but its all jacked up ..lol but i like the firmer ride of the 9c1's i'll be on the lookout for some hotchkis rears... pics at 11

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You should have tried the ZQ8 bumpstops with the ST's before taking them out. They really absorb a lot of the shock you described. See my post above.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
no i don't think riding on the new b/s would have helped i'm not sure there supose to be a seconday spring there just wouldn't be enuff upward travel for the kinds of roads we have around here

1 - 20 of 23 Posts