Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

Well, the head units in, what to do next???

227 views 2 replies 0 participants last post by  WILDSS 
G
#1 ·
I just got rid of the old stock unit for a sony MP3 player to take it's place. I love it. Now I think I need to ditch the stock speakers for some new ones. Any ideas for decent low price? Are the sony Xplod's any good? I have an Xplod head unit. How about the Xpold amp's and subs? I'm thinking of two 8" subs or 10"s. They'll be in the back shelf with the 6x9's beside em.

Any ideas?

G
#2 ·
I can't comment on the Xplode series of speakers, but what I did after getting my Alpine unit installed was I bought some Alpine Type R speakers from Ikesound.com I went with 6.5" components for the doors along with the template spacer I bought from Sean Alford. For the rear deck, I did a pair of 6x9 type R's and a JL 300.4 amp.

I'm still lookin at install shops so I haven't heard them yet, but from the folks that have them, they come highly recommended.

G
#3 ·
I had a set of Infinity reference 6x9s in the rear when i 1st got the car and they SCREAMED powered off a HU. I dont think they cost more then $100bucks now. For the front if you can find a set of 6.5's w/ the removeable center tweeter (my buddy has a set) that would be the best bang for the buck. They give you the ability to mount the two in different areas for better SQ and he has no problem w/ powering them off the HU also. If your going to buy the amps, get a nice set of components. Check out A/D/S, MB Quartz, Focals, etc and a nice class A amp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.