Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Long story short my car is a huge headache and hasn't ran for several months. It has been running without issue for a month now so I decided to take it to the track. I had owed a buddy of mine a rematch from years ago. We both now have different cars. My car has a 383, 2800 stall, and 3.73s.

The first two races are against a 2001 Cobra. Minor bolt ons. We changed lanes and camera person between the two. I strolled him pretty good the first race, but didn't quite catch him in the second. When I pedaled the car shifted into 2nd and then went back into first when I went WOT. Third race is against a H/C/I/E 1999 FRC Corvette. I beat him to the light but he was pulling hard.

Never mind on the timeslips because they were ugly! It is definitely time for some suspension and better tires. 20% window tint in case anybody was wondering.

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mid-high 13s. 2.6 60s. Tires weren't even trying. First time I have been to the track since getting the car sorted out. It's been over a year since I made a pass and it shows. I still enjoyed it.

· Premium Member
8,748 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I laughed at the 60s. They wouldn't have been quite so bad if the car wouldn't shift into 2nd whenever I ease off the gas and then grab first again. Never got around to just leaving it in 1st. It went 2.4 against the Corvette since I eased off just right and it didn't go into 2nd. I'll try again in a couple of weeks with the weather a little cooler and some sticky tires.

· Registered
1,080 Posts
3 good races none the less. always fun when they are close at the end

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.