Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So similar to what the East Coast guys did to Vegas in 2004, I am working on the details for a West Coast truck to the ISSCA Nationals in St Louis in June. I hope to know more early next week, but here is a set of "ballpark" numbers :

Cost : approx $11K. This would be for a truck that could hold somewhere between 8-10 cars. That cost is all-inclusive, in that it covers the truck, driver, fuel, etc for the round trip. The truck/driver would stay in St Louis, so no waiting around for weeks for the car trailer to go thru some depot somewhere. Pick up/Drop off would likely be in SoCal (maybe Barstow if we are looking at cars from the Bay Area, SoCal and Vegas all being on the truck).

Upside : easier to fly in, less vacation time needed from work, cost isn't THAT much more than driving the SS from the West Coast.

Post here if interested. If we can get 7-8 folks (or more, if the truck will hold it) then it'd be a go. If not, then no-go.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And in case the above wasn't clear, approx $11K is the TOTAL cost...so if we have 8 cars, each car pays $11K/8 (or $1375), if we end up at 10 cars (and 10 will fit on the truck...still figuring that one) then it is $1100 each.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I could find out, more likely "default" route would be thru Flagstaff on I-40 though.

Hmmm, just checked and having the truck load in San Bernardino (only 20 miles further than Barstow for us NorCal folk) might work, then routing to Phoenix (on the way to/from St Louis from San Bernardino) only adds about 50 miles each way (versus the "direct" route from San Bernardino to St Louis). That sounds quite doable

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Make sure you guys get a closed trailer.

I Wouldn't wanna see a forum wide trailer disaster, ala Stewarts Roadmonster.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It'll be an open trailer, enclosed is cost prohibitive. The guy is insured etc, and the friend I am having set this up did the "entire truckload" deal last year from SoCal to Topeka KS (and back) with an entire truckload of race cars for the SCCA Solo Nationals.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.