Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the floor console, I no longer have a use for the PRNDL display on the dash. With waaaaay too much time on my hands, I thought I'd get creative. Which way do you think I should put the indicator?

Thanks!

PRNDL display

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Definatly too much time on your hands. Is the needle still hooked to the linkage or does it just sit in one place?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's just going to sit in one place.

My thought was over the N to look like it's in Park. My wife likes using the indicator to replace the 'I' in Nitrous.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Turn to your wife and say, "thanks honey, that was a great idea!" Then install it like she said, mods will be easier in the future.... ;)
JP

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DONE!

WIFE WAS RIGHT

First, my wife thanks you guys for agreeing with her.

I listened to my wife, and I like it too.

While I was there, I painted plate that goes over the gauges satin black. It adds a little tougher look.

If that wasn't enough, I made some good use out of the temp gauge that I don't use any more.

They are done in vinyl. I made what I wanted in Illustrator, then sent it over to the vinyl shop. I had to "weed" the letters myself because they were so small. What a P.I.A.

If I had to do it again though, I'd have left the temp gauge maks, and only replaced the thermometer with the letters.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.