Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure if i'm posting this in the right section, so please move it if it's in the wrong spot. Anyways, i picked up some parts today, wanted to know if anyone thought it was a fair deal. $130 for an optispark cap & rotor(ac delco), $50 for a reman cardone water pump, $12 for ac delco plugs, and $50 carquest plug wires(i couldn't afford aftermarket right now). if i could have got this cheaper somewhere else, someone tell me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
you could have asked DAL about opti.. complete new unit is ~220$ from him. cap and rotor doesnt remove all wear an tear of the opti.

add a vented opti harness to the preventive maintenance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As mentioned, complete Opti from Dal is about $220. Also, for cheap plug wires, I bought Taylors from Summit for $55.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You got AC-Delco plugs for $12 each? Please don't tell me this is true. Double platinums are ~$7 each from Dal. But if you got them for $12 total, what type did you get?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no, $12 total. if they quoted me $12 each i would have socked them through the phone. the only reason i didn't buy the whole thing from dal is because i'm on a tight budget right now and needed a quick fix. i know this isn't going to be a fun process, but i figured if i could just get this thing running good until november, i'll strip her apart again and do it right. i'm in the process of buying a house so thats why my funds are so tight and as of this moment, this car is the daily driver. when i get my new house, i'll be getting a new daily driver and this car will sit in the garage and get redone the correct way. these parts are in no way a complete fix. this is just a temporary fix.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, should i change the pcv again, i just changed it last month. and how much is the harness? can i get it from anywhere else besides dal cause i wanna tune this thing up on monday since i have the day off. i got a feeling if i continue to put it off, the pump might piss all over the opti.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.