Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PUTTING MY 95 IN THE SHOP FOR THE FIRST TIME TOMORROW (HOPE IT GOES WELL). SEEMS HOW ITS BEEN EITHER 20 DEGREES OR FLAT OUT RAINING HERE IN PORTLAND OR. ANY WAY GOING TO HAVE THEM DO THE A-ARM BUSHINGS, BALL JOINTS AND MY NEW BORGESON STEERING SHAFT (I'VE ALREADY REPLACE TIE RODS, SWAY BAR, BUMPS, ROTORS, BARINGS AND SHOCKS -- AFTER THIS THE ONLY THING LEFT WILL BE THE BOX). MY QUESTION IS WHEN THERE DONE IM GOING TO HAVE THEM ALIGN IT TO THE MODIFIED SPECS THAT CONTINUE TO GET POSTED HERE. ANY FEED BACK ON THESE SPECS WOULD BE NICE. (ALL NEW 255/50/R17S)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CAN I GIVE THE SHOP THIS? LOOKS GREEK TO ME IS IT THE SAME AS YOU JUST POSTED

Caster
Left...........................................4.00° +/- 0.50°
Right
.........................................4.00° +/- 0.50°
Cross Caster
...................................N/A° +/- 0.50°

Camber...........................................0.25 +/- 0.25°
Cross Camber.................................N/A° +/- 0.25°

Individual Toe...............................0.00° +/- 0.00°
Total Toe.......................................0.00° +/- 0.06°

REAR
Camber.........................................0.00° +/- 0.50°
Total Toe.......................................0.00° +/- 0.12°
Thrust Angle..................................0.00° +/- 0.25°

·
Registered
736 Posts
Add a little toe in to your specs and they are the same as what RJI posted. I will second his recomended specs as good for your car.

These differ only slightly from stock specs and are within the stock ranges. They only refine the target numbers and tighten the tolarances. The result will feel better and result in better tire wear.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Try to keep the camber -.25 not positive, and if you have a large amount of crown on the roads you drive you may want a slightly higher "More + " caster on the right side. This is simply a matter of where you drive.

The difference from factory keeps these cars from wondering and staying very centered. It makes a big difference in the feel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts