Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock, un-rebuilt LT1 engine sitting on a stand in my garage near Chicago.

Anyone know what they are going for these days?

It came out of a 1996 Impala, and had about 100,000 miles on it. I was the original owner, and replaced it with a new one from Golen.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Depend, I have a 140K mile motor, great runner, pulled from a 94 with all accessories except harness and PCM, having trouble getting bites at $400...

I can usually sell complete 100K motors with harness and PCM for $500-$600 all day long.

Long block, I have to figure $250-$300.

Doug

·
Registered
171 Posts
LT1 motor and trans

I have had my complete running motor and trans on C/L for 850.00 for 2 months.I have had only one guy come to check it out.I cant believe nobody wants it.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I always figured $400-500 would be a good price for a long block with manifold no sensors. I mean the block alone if in good shape is worth $100-$150 bucks to somebody who needs a core for a built motor. Manifolds sell all day for at least $75. Heads have to be worth 100 bucks by themselves fully assembled (even irons) so that's around $300 just in core parts. Factor in that it's all together with bearings, rods, pistons, gaskets and runs decent I couldn't see it going for less than $400 but it all comes down to what people are willing to pay for it. Everyone wants to save a buck.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
I tried for months to sell an LT1, with Trans, PCM, and Wiring for $500 with ZERO replies. That was on multiple boards as well. I even offered to trade it all for a TBI 350. It still sits in the garage minus wiring/pcm and heads.

Good luck

·
Registered
83 Posts
I always figured $400-500 would be a good price for a long block with manifold no sensors. I mean the block alone if in good shape is worth $100-$150 bucks to somebody who needs a core for a built motor. Manifolds sell all day for at least $75. Heads have to be worth 100 bucks by themselves fully assembled (even irons) so that's around $300 just in core parts. Factor in that it's all together with bearings, rods, pistons, gaskets and runs decent I couldn't see it going for less than $400 but it all comes down to what people are willing to pay for it. Everyone wants to save a buck.
Blocks are worth $100 bare.
Manifolds are worth $50 bare.
Iron heads are worth maybe $50.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I have sold a few in my car part outs for $600 complete with harness and ecu. All were going in hot rod applications. Maybe with todays economy and the lsx motors becoming more abundant, the market may have slowed for the lt1's

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Complete motors are $200 at the local yard and if they don't they either give you a new one or refund your money. They always have at least 5 b-body LT1's. When good running 5.3 and 6.0 gen 3 truck motors with 80k or so can be had for $700 all over and make more power with less weight and incredible potential the hotrod market for LT1's is drying up. Bad for sellers, good for owners of LT1 cars.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
havn't had one offer in two weeks on my longblock for $175

just not as much demand these days

·
Banned
403 Posts
I bought a 97 camaro Lt1 long block for $700 last year w/ 68,000 on it. and it has the aluminum heads and a whole lot more power than a cast iron Lt1 plus it has a hotter cam and it's pretty much a drop in swap

1 - 12 of 12 Posts