Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know what the cheapest and best and most reliable control arms for our cars are. Im a tight as hell budget but I need to buy some. So which ones are the best bang for the buck and last the longest? Thanks later!
PS: Also what are the best bang for buck shocks?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm running BMR fixed lowers and as far as I know they are the best budget lowers.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BMR are the cheapest, Global West are the best.

Best bang for the buck shocks are the Bilstein 1104/0929 combo...they're not the cheapest, but they carry a lifetime warranty and they're not really expensive either...car rides great on them, handles awesome and overall feels very very controlled.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One other option on the shocks are the Monroe Severe Service shocks. I'll have someone ride in my car to compare them to Bilsteins in a couple of weeks, but they are a significant improvement over stock SS DeCarbons and SensaTracs.

About $100 cheaper than the best deal on Bilsteins, they do not carry a lifetime warranty and life cycle is an unknown at this time.

http://www.impalassforum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=16;t=002410

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by ISSM96:
Links, prices, and pics are apprecciated.
I bought the BMRs from BMR, but I think you can also get them from Mike at No Limits No Limits I got the rear Bilsteins 0929 at AutoZone for $55 each. I got the front Bilsteins 1104 from shox.com for 69.?? each plus S&H.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check out the Group Purchase area for a deal on BMR control arms.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts