Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just wondering whats some of the better systems on the market now a days? I want a remote start and tilt sensor, shock sensor and all that stuff so whats everyone using?
Anything the installer (shop) should be aware of with the passkey and stuff?

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?

·
Registered
569 Posts
passkey may have to be bypassed.
I would suggest code alarm. they have a signature 'random panic' horn output. it will get A LOT attention, as apposed to a steady on-and-off honking or an annoying multitone siren.

I know they come with a shock sensor, not sure about tilt sensors.
They have a new antenna design that has two LED warning lights built in- no cutting necessary.

I put the new system in my Toyota: Only problem I ran into with that antenna is the wire length. It didnt have enough slack to mount dead center, above the mirror. I dont know if that would be a problem installed in a B-body

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
DEI makes most of the brands, python, Viper, Avital etc.

www.drdetailshop.com is a good website with good info. but like usual ebay is the best price.
Viper has a cool new unit, check their website.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have a Viper 5701 which is a great alarm, Remote start and it also comes with a hood pin, so if anyone opens the hood the alarm goes off. I added a tilt sensor, and also a trunk pin. The tilt sensor to me is not really worth it unless you have a really sensative sensor, because if some one tries to steal your rims, they are not going to jack it up the are just going to put blocks or something under and deflate the tires. What it is good for is if someone tries to tow your car, the alarm will go off and you will be able to tell by the tones going off on your remote if you are with in a quarter mile. There is also a 5901 which is the same exact alarm but a mile radius, I choice the 5701 because I didnt want to accidently turn on my car form a mile away. Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks lilyoung, ill look into the 5701

·
Registered
188 Posts
yea there's a lot of alarms that are a mile radius/2-way etc... and are cheaper then viper...all the wiring is the exact same just the brand is different...i have a scytec and it's a mile radius w/ everything that a viper and was only about $300...that was also including installation...so if you want to not be lazy and do it yourself you could get it like $250...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts