Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

What cam do you have in ca and did you pass smog?

953 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Got 'Cupcake' Bearings? 
#1 ·
Please post what size your engine is , the cam and mods you have and if you passed ca dyno smog. Thanks!

#5 ·
a decent amount of cam can make it thru smog

what is your real question?

#7 ·
If I can make a 383 with a comp cam 467 pass smog . I have so many smog problems I just do not want to add to it!
To echo what Tad (ProTools) said, with the right tune and having the motor sound mechanically you can pass smog with many cams. With that said I went with the 466 vs the 467 since it was very close to a custom grind I was replacing (which passed smog easily). Good O2's and CATS will also help any motor set up pass smog

#8 ·
In reference to the sticky I posted, I seem to remember it being much longer. I guess that thread was a victim of the crash....

I think the program has more to do with passing smog than anything, provided it's running well and the visual isn't what we're talking about. You probably want a "smog" tune and a different, performance oriented tune for the rest of the time though.

#9 ·
I think the program has more to do with passing smog than anything, provided it's running well and the visual isn't what we're talking about. You probably want a "smog" tune and a different, performance oriented tune for the rest of the time though.

a good tune is a smog tune
with one exception ... fan temps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.