Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I have a 91 caprice w/305 TBI I really don't want this eng. cause I also own a 350 TBI from a 90 caprice I was thinking of sawpping them , but I wanna make the eng. look like a clone SS but as far as I know I can't do it with the 350 block because I know of the diferences between the 350 that I have and the 350 LT1 , so what can I do to really improve speed of my car and make the eng. look as cool as the LT1 ? or for that matter can I make it look anything like it ? I had a person tell me that I can use the intake from a TPI but I'm not sure what I should it on the 305 or the 350 ? because that I know has the 8 injectors so I need the comp. also so what can I do here ? someone anyone please help me make the car look fast as cool . thanks

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, if you really want your standard motor to look like an LT1, just pick up a Miniram intake ($950) for it. You'll also need a throttle body ($300 and up), injectors ($150-300) TPI wiring harness ($50-350), and either a TPI computer ($50-100 + tuning software costs) or an aftermarket EFI system ($1500 and up). Seems like a lot of money just to dress up the engine. Either drop in a real LT1, or pick up a LT1 B-body.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks but on which motor where yoou refering that I can do the miniram kit etc. on ? where you talking about the 350 from the 90 caprice or the 305 from the 91 ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts