Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
anyone have any experiences with any of these three brand

http://www.odysseybattery.com/batterysearch.asp
or

http://www.kinetikaudio.com/2009/product.asp?P=KHC1800&C=1
or
http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/2856506/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046

they are pretty expensive but they last about 8 to 10 years and they use 99.9 pure lead not recycled one like ,regular store brand battery

any idea's,any body has or had them?

if so how was your experience with them?

and no new optima is out of question,for me it is no no, I don,t like themcwm8

it is one these three or store brand that I have to change every 3-4 years but cheaper at the time

but having one amp putting 600 watt RMS and coming soon another 1500 watt RMS (that I probably using no more than 500 of it)

thought, I may need to change my 5 or 6 years old battery soon anyway,and may not be able to take the load and get heart attack:D

·
Registered
765 Posts
My friend has been running a Kinetik for about 2 years and loves it!

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Good info to have, but afraid can't help. $400+ for a batt that lasts 8-10yr appears not good return on invest. compared to my last Diehard for $110 that'll likely go ~6yr like they usually do.

But then again I ain't running no gynormous stereo.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they are not 400+ they are about 200to 300

they use pure lead plate which means a lot faster recharge time
means less chance of going bad because of one or two bad cell

they do not use recycled plate,and not only new lead but claim 99.9% pure ,that is one the reason they last longer

other companies have the same almost claim
like die hard platinum they are pure lead plate too but never say how much pure

and they design is bad so their side post brakes easy,that is 189$ just about 90$ less

like their craftsman VS snap on,both have life time warranty but snap on never brakes or very rarely brakes,but sears brand breaks more often

yes they replace it,but imagine a mechanic with broken tool in the middle of repair:mad:,has to stop and find sears to go to get replacement tool:mad:

and imagine how many time that can happen in his life time

that's why most mechanics pay the extra to make sure that won't happen

as they say (it is too expensive to buy cheap stuff):D

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
The Kinetik list's for $419.00 right in that link ahoora. The Odyssey has no price, the Stinger is sale priced @ $289. Since these look to be made for deaf people with over the top audio systems.....read that as way friggin' more than any sane person needs...than get one.

I would never pay that kind of $$$ for a battery...hell I usually won't spend that kind of $$$ on the stereo it's self...LOL.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
All valid points ahoora. There's always going to be a certain allure connected with scoring some certified virgin material. ;)

Like I said I just use a battery to start the car with. I respect it by cleaning the terms and checking water periodically, and that way I don't have to think about it for several years at a time otherwise. I'm always on the lookout for a new wrinkle so thanks for the downlo.

Then again 35 year ago I moved the batt in my Chevelle to the trunk for the wt. tx., so I always love a bonafide performance mod. I don't do that no more but you find me a batt. that weighs about 1/4 as much as they do now and you'll really be onto something.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
GREGG o nobody in the right mind even with single digit IQ pay retail price.
but if that's how you look at it, you may pay that much.

the question was not if you need that for your car or if you are willing to pay that much for it?!!!

read my question I asked if any one had it and what was their experience

obviously you don't have one,so no experience either

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
GREGG o nobody in the right mind even with single digit IQ pay retail price. .......

read my question I asked if any one had it and what was their experience

obviously you don't have one,so no experienc either
lol
I mean really, lol. You're getting yourself all worked up into a froth over nothing. 'ol gregg-o and I both were just making reference to the price shown on the link YOU posted.

I do believe the repliers are just tryna offer alternative lifestyle perspectives than someone attracted to products at the esoteric end of the sales spectrum.

Actually, I like the 'Innovators' class of consumers. They keep the economy spinning around what with the latest gadgets and buying the latest glitz and whammie and models of stuff. Hell, it's the innovators that buy (well at least lease) all those brand new cars so's the plodding 'ol work-stiffs have a good selection of used cars to pick from.

So back on track, -you may notice that if all the replies are removed of people above who apparently don't have experience with this product, then you would have seen absolutely no replies at all - except yours. So at the very least you should thank us for TTT for a couple days.

I'm out.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Just looking at the specs listed on the sites, the kinetic has the highest amp-hour rating as well as the highest reserve minutes. That pretty much makes them the best.

The CCA rating on all the batteries is pretty much worthless as a comparison, since it's basically a measure of how fast the battery can discharge in five seconds... which is a useless measure anyway - my mig welder has a maximum rating of 185 amps at about 30 volts, and that's good enough to weld quarter inch steel; 1500 amps for five seconds is going to melt any cable in the car, not to mention destroying the battery in the process.

However, my question is, why spend big bucks on one battery? Why not just put two run-of-the-mill deep cycle batteries in the trunk? You a) wouldn't be limited to a stock-sized battery, and b) the combined amp-hours of two bass boat trolling motor - sized batteries will easily exceed one stock-sized battery, no matter HOW expensive it is.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
l

So back on track, -you may notice that if all the replies are removed of people above who apparently don't have experience with this product, then you would have seen absolutely no replies at all - except yours. So at the very least you should thank us for TTT for a couple days.

I'm out.
I asked very simple question,if the reply has nothing to do with it, what is difference between no reply or 10 or 15 reply?! I still don't have the answer.

I would rather get no reply than the guy for example replies (I don't have any of these batteries),not in my case ,but you know what I'm talking about

A post with 1 reply direct answer to question is worth 100 times better than the one with lots of unrelated reply
I'm not trying to get post with highest reply.or advise from people who has no idea why I need what I need ,without knowing my set up,my use of the car,how much power am I taking out of batteries and so on

plus I never said I'm going to buy one of these batteries

it was simple question

,and I was going also to see if it worth spending big money for a battery based on actual experience of the person who own one rather than what the manufacturer claims.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts