Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what color would transmission fluid burn from hitting hot exhaust pipes. The passenger side of the motor has been smoking white after the car has been running for about 15 minutes. I do have a known tranny leak
In the area of the smoking but I gave not been able to pinpoint for sure where it is coming from. I ordered a new tyranny cooling line to fix this problem, but I just want to make sure tranny fluid would burn white. The smell is not harsh, barely even noticeable, I was letting the car idle and soon after just pressing on the throttle lightly I noticed the smell, its enough fluid on the ground to notice a puddle, I just want to be sure this is what is burning.

The only other reason would be because I deleted the egr without a tune, and just want to be sure its not detonation.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I don't think transmission fluid burns a different color other than white. You should still get that line fixed asap. I still need to put in my AN lines, I tried to practice flaring on spare lines but I am worried I'll mess up and have to replace the whole line.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts