Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really interested in bagging my car. i may just end up selling my rims and bagging it on stocks but 20s will come back for sure. what do i need to do it? i believe i need drop spindles correct? thanks

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Do you want to body drop it or bag it or do both?

If you body drop it you probably gotta cut the floor out and stuff.

You need to get drop spindles w/ bags if you want to lay out. You may have to cut out your front fenderwells if you want to lay without rubbing.

and if you do a body drop you'll have to have bags too. well you don't have to but it would be stupid to do a 3" body drop with no bags. :confused:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh.. stupid me.. i cant believe i didnt specify that yeah.. i want to lay the car with bags.. whats the difference between body drops and laying the frame?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A body drop lowers the body on the frame, thus lowering the car but not the suspension, laying frame is sitting the frame on the ground when you lower your bags or hydraulics all the way down.
Hope this helps :D

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do i need to bodydrop my 96 with 255/35/20 or stocks?
I would say about 10-15 sawz-all blades :D
:D

don't think of it as a body drop, Think of it as a floor lift! b-cuz thats just what it is! you cut out the floor and raise it, weld it back up, and now along with the higher floor so goes the frame! which gives the preception of the body being lower! Henz: body drop!

and if you do a body drop you'll have to have bags too. well you don't have to but it would be stupid to do a 3" body drop with no bags.
I agree!
BTW who has spindles for our cars and what did they come off of? ie: 98 silverado????

Richard.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by VETKLLR:
don't think of it as a body drop, Think of it as a floor lift! b-cuz thats just what it is! you cut out the floor and raise it, weld it back up, and now along with the higher floor so goes the frame! which gives the preception of the body being lower! Henz: body drop!

BTW who has spindles for our cars and what did they come off of? ie: 98 silverado????
The frame and floor stay in the same place as before the body drop. The whole body is lowered in relation to the frame and floor.

Bell Tech and AIM both offer spindles for the B-Body.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts