Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard its something with the muffler, can anyone let me know what I need to do to increase the cars noise??

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I added dual exuast and a gear drive that made a big differance what part of Chi are you from?LaTerZ...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HOOKER CAT BACKS!
The loudest out there. i love 'em. can you add a gear drive to the LT1?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
drill some holes in the cooling fan so that it sounds like a blower. ;)

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey well I dont have the car yet but im getting a 9C1 police package caprice next week and im just wondering how to increase the noise hehe, btw how much would the different options cost?

BBODYLTZN, i'm from Cicero.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BBODTLTZN,

>> I added dual exuast and a gear drive that
>> made a big differance

What motor did you install the gear drive? Did you have any problem with the knock sensor?

Bob

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 95_9C1:
BBODTLTZN,

>> I added dual exuast and a gear drive that
>> made a big differance

What motor did you install the gear drive? Did you have any problem with the knock sensor?

Bob
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's got a 91-92 with the standard style small block. You can use any gear drive, belt drive, chain drive on it that you would on any other small block. Not sure if there is one available for the LT1.

Having had gear driven daily drivers in the past, I don't think it's something I'd really want to add to an SS. They tend to drive you nuts after a while. They're better suited for 60's-70's muscle cars that come out on the weekends.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Xpert:
hey well I dont have the car yet but im getting a 9C1 police package caprice next week and im just wondering how to increase the noise hehe, btw how much would the different options cost?
BBODYLTZN, i'm from Cicero.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can also get a Ram Air type intake and that would add some roar when your getting on it.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
turndowns(dump-outs) straight down toward the ground right from the muffler...that's what i did with flowmasters...it's loud as hell and rumbles at idle..makes mustang owners...
hehe knockin off ponys one at a time...damn snakes makin it hard though!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hehehe. i just rememberd sumthin. the tri-9's are gear driven.. remember.. break a belt and it still runs. wait.. thats chain. :rolleyes: oh well... similar

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I always wondered what a b-body would sound like if you removed the mufflers and welded in a straight pipe, and left the resonators in.

SO basically it would have the stock cats and resonators and tail pipes, but no mufflers. It would look stock, but be loud.

Anyone tried this?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I cut my mufflers off of my 94 9c1 and left the cats and resonators on. I love it. nice rumble at start up and then it settles down. When you drive nice you can tell a difference but not as great as when you are driving hard. It is a cheap mod i only spent 60 bucks. Nobody thinks anything until you get on it.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i had the gear drive on my 92 LTZ with a 305 it didnt sound that bad i thought it was pretty cool ,but to other people who dont know what it was i bet they just thought somthing was broken in the engine ,ohh and i had no poblems with the knock sensor no ceck engine lights came on at all ,i havent found a gear drive for the LT1's but i dont think i would put one on an LT1 anyways ,i have a 96 9c1 now i dont have the LTZ anymore but it was a head turner with the gear drive you would hear me a mile away
LaTerZ

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ya...been there....2.5 custom cat-back, no mufflers, no resonators :eek: :D :D :D

That should give u an answer, plus it flows better thant anything on the market...mufflers are the biggest restrictions on our cars...well, that and the 2 1/4 piping...but even 2 1/4 straight piped is WAYYYYY beter than stock or aftermarket mufflers.

(and it sounds badass when u get on it...I have yet to see someone not grin when I goose it now!)

AHHH...the joys of V8 ownership.......

Ian.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts