Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed most of the tune that I previously did for my 9C1 before the T56 in my RMS, but I am curious what you guys set the line pressure constant to in Tuner cat, with no other mods to the trans that I installed in the car, it is a 96 version in a 95 car/pcm, I usually crank this to 120 from the factory 90. Now with that being said the trans that I installed is a factory reman'd unit with about 45K on it and impeccably maintained, do you think with this like pressure I run the risk of damaging the trans? any thoughts are appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
8,891 Posts
Why would you crank this number? You're just changing the resolution of the line pressure values.

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
Why would you crank this number? You're just changing the resolution of the line pressure values.
From what I recall from skimming through the LT1 Tuning Tips website, the Constant should be raised from 90 to 120, and then the "Main Line Pressure" tables need to be increased from 90 to whatever you prefer.

·
Super Moderator
8,891 Posts
All right, let me ask the question a bit differently. What does "max line pressure" represent?

·
Super Moderator
8,891 Posts
And let me throw in another hint: when a B-body idles in Park, Neutral or Drive, if you put a mechanical gauge on the pressure test port of the transmission, it should read around 70psi.

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a feeling that the value equates to the actual value that you tweak the line pressures to in the tables, let's say WOT you set it to 94 psi across the board, but you have the constant set at 90 it won't reach 94, I Am not sure

·
Super Moderator
8,891 Posts
Maybe a different way to say it is "once you've reached 90, you've reach max line pressure."

Read this thread; that should help guide your thinking.

·
Premium Member
8,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies fellas, I took the line pressure constant back to 90 and remapped the tables quite a bit comparing it to something else I had, it shifts good enough, but I will probably do the transgo kit eventually for the longevity of the trans.

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Go vacuum modulated and you'll never go back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts