Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,981 Posts
Maybe it would be OK if they just do the WHOLE Bottom half in Gray it would look good. The Orange Belt trim makes it look tacky along with the Bling/Bling wheels and jacked up stance. But overall I would not describe the car as "Ugly".

These cars have a unique following though. I drove the Caprice today and was at Wawa getting lunch. This Lady who I would say was in her 60's came up to me and said "I want your car, what year is that?", talked for a bit and went about our Business.

It's talks like that though from complete Strangers that makes keeping these old girls around and dealing with their quirks worthwhile. No, I'm not talking about our Wives/Girlfriends here. >:)

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
Ima go out on a limb and figure those colors aren't near "complementary"s on the color wheel. Halloween, but not so much. A well thought out 2-tone is always attractive. It's easy for too much more added gaudiness (as in this case) to distract from the vision though.

Isn't there a copper/black Cap or wagon around? Now that's tits.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
There are many examples of 2-tone done in an attractive way. This is not one of them.

By definition i would think 2-tone only switches colors once, The stripe totally EFF's it up.
The chrome strip is way too wide to pull it off i think.

The gray is too light a shade, maybe gun metal or pewter would look more easy on the eyes ?
-ALF out...

·
Registered
10,905 Posts
That car looks like it was hit with an ugly stick. It is one of the most horrible paint schemes that I have ever seen.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
Honestly I never even noticed the wheels with my original reply. The Big Wheels look has gotten pretty much invisible to me, - it's so easy for them to vanish and replace to suit personal taste, - plus there's Excursions and RV's around that they look way better on and hopefully keep resale values up.

Now that paint on the other hand. That had to be some guy's highschool colors, or he saw them on some pricey sneakers. Just change one of the colors to the other. It doesn't matter which one.

EDIT: Personally I'd like more info on this RMW: http://uglycarpictures.com/yellow-wagon/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts