Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I were to put Dual Exhaust on my wagon I would have to relocate the Air compressor for the air shocks becasue right now the compressor is smack where the muffler would be on a 94-96 wagon.

If I Every get around to putting Duals on my wagon should I ditch the air shocks and get rid of the compressor for some Air bags?
The air shocks are every expensive to replace and then If I get rid of them I wouldent have to mount the Air Compressor in the front Which would get rid of alot of problems.

What do you guys think I should do?

If I were to replace the Air Shocks with Air bags were could I mount the air compressor? I would Like to keep my spare tire. Would a compressor fit in the (Rusty. Needs to be blasted) Cavern on the left side?

Thanks for any help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I bet if you removed the entire panel and cut out the back of it, that'd free up enough space to put the compressor in your cavern. I believe that I heard of someone installing a minitower (PC) in that area for in-car computing (don't ask me). I think it was for MP3's.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The compresor can really go where ever you can fit it. I've seen 2 of them mounted behind the rear bumper. Also in the side panels inside the cab. The owner of Devious Customs has a 93 Wagon. He ran 4 1gallon tanks on each wheel, 2 6 gallon storage tanks and 2 250psi compressors. The storage tanks where mounted in the rear of the cab. The one gal where mounter 2 under the hood next to each wheel and the other 2 where mounted under the car along with the compressors. Really neat set up. It hops the front about a foot off the ground last time I saw it. That might be a little excessive from what you're thinking but that should give you a general idea.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I'd get it running well with its current engine.

Then I'd get the body and paint straightened out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do all Compressors have the same dimesions?

Measurements would be a big help. Im kicking around this idea. i woule like to eventually drop in a LT1 and Dual Exhaust so the compressor would be the way. Or I could relocate it to the front like 94-96 wagons are.

Captian. I dont really car about how the engine runs. :D I plan on ditching it anyway! It starts and runs fine. Just that it tapps like crazy at low speed.

I would really like to take the body off the Chassis and Redo everything.

But that would be tons of work and since im 16 and go to scool in Mass for mabey 9 months out of a year I dont have any time. :(

[ 08-10-2002: Message edited by: Vandal835 ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.