Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1995 Impala SS 85,000 miles

i'm trying to help out the wandering. i am going to have a moog idler arm put on (best place to get it? - so far i got summit at 26.39 + 8.95 shipping). also going to do the centerlink---what type do you all suggest moog, ac delco, other? is there anything else i should have done on the front end to get the most out of the alignment? just had lower ball joints done and one lower control arm. any bushings, etc. I really don't know what parts need replacement and which don't need to be typically replaced. Read a lot of searches-confused. Any help you all could provide would be great.

***i know this is a really general question. like i said any guidance would be really appreciated.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yep that's a hard one to answer.... I would say that just about every single part of your font suspension COULD be worn and causing trouble. You've got 2 choices.... replace it all at once and it will be fixed but you won't know why... or... go one or two pieces and a time until you get it.

Don't forget slop in your steering box as a possible cause.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replace it all. I rr all the ball joints tie, rods on my ride. Now, the mechanic felt that the old parts were still in spec (they probably were), but when I frove the car, it felt much tighter. See, a little slop in one part may not seem like much, but add the slop from all the parts together and hey, you have major slop. Also, it is best to replace everything at once (you'll save on labor and alignment expenses).

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah you might just be better off getting a PPM rebuild kit and do everything in one shot.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I changed idler,centerlink and tie rods.
Didnt do a damn thing,as far as wandering goes.
It did tighten things up a bit.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive got a wandering problem to i just.............................Oh sorry not that kind of wandering.Mine is loose and wanders quite a bit.Ive been told to replace the steering box its self.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts