Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Mean the HD parts, Not the wheels,shocks or springs But brakes,ball joints,rotors....I have a wagon and have problems ordering parts OLDHEAD ps: Love my wagon

·
Registered
11,051 Posts
The wagons do not have many heavy duty parts. The only parts that are heavy duty are the tow package springs. Other than that, the parts are the same as a standard Caprice with 11 inch drums.

The heavy duty brakes for the police cars and Fleetwood commercial chassis. Front only. The 5/8 inch ball joints are on the 9C1, and require different spindles.

The rotors are the same for all B bodies. Rear brakes are 11 inch drums. The 9C1 may have different brake pads.

If you relate the type car you have to the parts seller, you should get the correct part, unless the seller makes a mistake, and gets the wrong part, or is stupid.

Rock Auto allows you to pick the part from their list, and their list for a given car is just for that car.

·
Registered
976 Posts
The confusion I had after buying my wagon is the listings aren't 100% correct.
They offer/show the larger HD balljoints for example, when in fact the car did NOT come with them.
This is pretty much across the board, online & parts stores.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you

YOU ANSWERED PERFECTLY CLEAR. 91 to 96 Wagons, Just the brakes. THANK YOU:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:OLDHEAD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts