Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 9c1 and am thinking of changing the 15 inch tires into 17 inch tires and was wondering what are some good daily driving tires, and also i live in houston,tx :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My vote is Potenza RE730s...

Sun or Rain - my opinion is they are the best and the only one who recognized our needs when all you could get was the square BFGs...

And they last...

I wouldn't have anything else.

Although I don't experience it - others have said you need to keep your 15s for snow.

I would anyway - I can't think of any wide tire that is going to work in the snow.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bridgestone Potenza RE730, just search "RE730" and you will have lots of reading. Personally I like them, there are some people who have complained of cupping and noise. I had both problems but a good balance took care of it. They are a little loud on concrete but nothing a totally stock stereo can't take care of.

Edit- I can speak from experiance on the keep 15" for snow, with a L99 in 40degree weather and dry I accidentally kicked the car sideways snow is a very big NONO. I don't think you get much in Houston though.

[ 08-14-2002: Message edited by: 96capriceMGR ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nah we never get snow here, in houston so i dont have to worry about snow here.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i too switched from the 15" cop wheels to the impala 17's, and i went with the bfg gforce kdws because i am a long time bfg fan. i simply love these tires. i'm not a super aggressive driver, but i do like to get the most out of driving the car without acting stupid, and the gforces really excel in all driving conditions, they also seem to wear well. hope this helps.

brandon

ps-check tirerack.com for reallly good prices

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
www.tires.com also has good prices and you can see the "out the door price" if you go to the store and buy there. They don't show the Potenzas though, but you can call and ask.

$164 out the door, each for the KDWS.

I think we can get a discount through "Scott, the tire guy" who is a member of HAIL.

[ 08-21-2002: Message edited by: Wayne Bengston ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmm thanks for responses i am going to be looking around now, but also i like to use those tires beating the crap out of ricers :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.