Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody

From your experience about car audio what do you think the best enclosure design for trunk setup in impala 96 , if i drop 2 15" in box firing forward or in box firing backward i need somthing loud ground pounding machine

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
You want the subs to face the tail lights, but someone will always come in here and tell you to go ported, or 4th order yada yada. And they'd be correct, but that goes well beyond "basic". The question is, do you want a trunk full of audio equipment or do you ever wish to store other things in there?

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Maximum pound and not look like ish, you're gonna need something custom and ported. And if you still want some trunk space you'll need the box to go in the front of the trunk over the spare tire hump.

-Mike

·
Registered
215 Posts
years ago i discovered that the box that fits into a late model camero(88-2000) will fit in the ss with no mods. I bought one and placed it into my caprice. it will slide all the back into the spare tire area. You can get one for about 50 to 75.00 on ebay or a local dealer. I ported mine wiith two twelves and it worked great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will go in details now i bought 2 12" HDC4 and i will use all my trunk for audio i will go for ported enclosure but where should i face it

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I'm no audio engineer, but I'd say build a box within spec for your subs. HDC4s should have that info available; I'm not going to research it. There are programs out there that'll take the T/S parameters and pretty much tell you the size, port area, port length, tuning, and all that jazz that'll be optimal for the given driver. Prefab is not the way to go if you're looking for a ported enclosure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts