Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on performance mods for my 94 and noticed that some people remove the screen from the sensor , what does this screen do? I've heard you have to reprogram after this mod ,I'm planning on getting the laptop and harness soon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I believe (don't take my word as final) that it helps smooth out the flow after all those bends in the intake tubing and resonator.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Leave it alone. Laminar flow through the MAF sensor allows it to accurately meter the air. 99% of the cars on the road can't pull enough air for it to be a restriction.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quit being wussies and take it out already.

No reprogramming necessary, will flow 100 more CFM, and the laminar flow argument is grossly overated.

It's not there anymore on any of my LT or LS engines
:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by SSONIC:

No reprogramming necessary, will flow 100 more CFM, and the laminar flow argument is grossly overated.
This is exactly what I was thinking! :D

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
all those little wires add up. count just the number of rows one way, then start setting sewing needles down to reprsent them side by side. it ads up fast. if something broke my maf, i'd be forced to get an F-body 1. and to me, anything that isn't 'pushing' air into my engine, is a restriction. IMO. my pie to the pot.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by SSONIC:

It's not there anymore on any of my LT or LS engines
:D
Don't bother descreening if you aren't going to reprogram. The gain won't last. You won't do any harm either, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.