Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was checking the ground for the trunk light today as was told in my other post and i found a wire that when i touched it and barely pulled on it, it fell out of something. i didn't break it, it looked like the copper braids were barely hanging on as it was :(

anyway...on the driver side trunk hinge where the molex runs down it, it passes through a clamp on the side/top of the hinge. There is a cylindrical, black plastic box sitting there with two wires going in (both black wires).

when i popped it open a small silver cylinder with a rounded head and a small "button" point on the bottom fell out. it says "013H" in pink lettering on the outside of it. another piece fell out that looked like some kind of contact...flat piece of metal about 3/8" wide with a couple bends in it.

any idea what the heck this is?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Switch for the trunk light? If it is that there is mercury in that glass vail. Don't get it on you or your cloths.
Bad news is I believe the trunk light has been discontinued from Chevrolet. You might have to put in some other kind of switch, but I don't know what would work.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, that is what we were thinking it was at the shop today...and i'm not really worried about having the stock trunk light due to the lighting i'll have in there anyway ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.