Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive circled the bypass hose in red.... what is this?

iam asking why is that i have a boost leak where it goes into the silicone tube into the throtlebody.

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
ive circled the bypass hose in red.... what is this?

iam asking why is that i have a boost leak where it goes into the silicone tube into the throtlebody.

thanks
Nice setup, I have the same thing :D

I'm no expert but this is what I think on this:

It is your bypass valve. You need it because when you are under boost if you let off the throttle, the TB blades close but the SC is still producing boost/pushing air, well that air needs somewhere to go as the TB blades are closed. The valve opens and allows the air to vent in that direction. If I am mistaken someone please correct me.

Use sealant around it to get a good seal. Are you sure that is where your boost leak is at?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Bad Imp,

thanks i searched bout bypass valve for supercharger and got this http://www.928motorsports.com/parts/blowoffvalve.php

also testing the bypass valve procedures www.vaglinks.com/.../VAGLinks.com_DIY_Testing_a_Bosch_Diverter_Valve.pdf

i was getting 6 psi but i had to replace my opti and had to take the powerdyne off and ever since then i only get 2 or 3.
i have recheck and tooken the piping off and re clamped them but still go .

is there a way to find boost leak?

thanks
You could ask the Mods to move this thread to the "Forced Induction" section, that way more of those experts can help out.

The 928Motorsports is a great website with a lot of useful imformation. You have something connected wrong. If all the tubing is tight and nothing is crimped to block the air flow, then have you checked the belt? Make sure it is not slipping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.