Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are these two things?? they have vac lines goin to and from them and are on the passangers side of the intake. I think they have to do with the evap system but i'm not sure. If they are for the evap or whateva they r for can i delete them? I know when i unplug them i get a CEL but pretty sure pcm4less can program that out?? If they are for the evap system, and i get rid of them, is there other stuff i should get rid of also?

Attachments

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
The one on the left looks like it is the evac canister valve. I am not sure about the one on the right.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I see that the EVAP purge solenoid has a bracket, so its been replaced at some point with a Fbody piece, since the stock Bbody solenoid attaches to the HB bracket.

The thing on the right is a new one for me too. Was it plugged in to an electrical connector? Was it in-line to the canister, etc??

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
I see that the EVAP purge solenoid has a bracket, so its been replaced at some point with a Fbody piece, since the stock Bbody solenoid attaches to the HB bracket.

The thing on the right is a new one for me too. Was it plugged in to an electrical connector? Was it in-line to the canister, etc??
The '96's had the solenoid on it's own bracket. Don't ask me why they changed it for the last year. It makes removing the home plate easier!

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Sure!

The part number is 12553048. They have it listed as a '95-'96 part, but I've never seen a '95 with it's own bracket.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So both of these things are for the evap system. Can i remove them and have pcm4less tune so i dont get a CEL?? What else should i remove if i remove that stuff?

·
Registered
731 Posts
So both of these things are for the evap system. Can i remove them and have pcm4less tune so i dont get a CEL?? What else should i remove if i remove that stuff?

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=233249&highlight=get+rid+evap

Apparently you can, but don't just vent the tank to atmosphere, as your car will stink around it like raw gas.

Is the EVAP system already damaged, or malfunctioning? I don't see the real benefit of deleting it, even for visual aesthetics, as the canister is out of sight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts