Chevy Impala SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first car, my dad an I traded for a 87' Custom Harley. We only paid 3k for the Harley so I think it was a good trade. :)
I thought this was a 66' Impala but after further inspection this morning I'm rethinking this..
Doesn't the 66' have rounded curved tail lights that wrap the corner of the car?
Also the 66' does not have a metal column in the window so when both windows are down it looks completely open.. Correct?
I was never an Impala guy, I thought I would change things up. My dad and I always had Camaros and Mustangs.
I'm 17, and this is my true first car not my dads :D.

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
This is my first car, my dad an I traded for a 87' Custom Harley. We only paid 3k for the Harley so I think it was a good trade. :)
I thought this was a 66' Impala but after further inspection this morning I'm rethinking this..
Doesn't the 66' have rounded curved tail lights that wrap the corner of the car?
Also the 66' does not have a metal column in the window so when both windows are down it looks completely open.. Correct?
I was never an Impala guy, I thought I would change things up. My dad and I always had Camaros and Mustangs.
I'm 17, and this is my true first car not my dads :D.
Biscayne I believe looks good thow.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I would say it's a hell of a deal! Bel-air sedans are lighter and stiffer than the hardtop converts and in my opinion way cooler. You done GOOD

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
I'd say you did good. Not trying to be an azz, but everybody that has replaced the engines in those old cars always says it's a 'vette' engine....makes for a better sale to uninformed buyers. No big loss, a SB chevy is a SB chevy, do with it what you want since it is not the original engine.

·
Registered
707 Posts
just so you know Belairs and biscaynes of the 60's had that metal post in them making them "post" cars not hardtops. There is a big following for those cars too even though it is not an Impala. 3k is a heck of a deal if the car runs and has interior in it. one of my dream cars is a 66 caprice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So, I don't know if I'm welcome here now... Do you guys consider this an Impala? Cause I kinda do.. I'm going to be making a series of videos and pics of me restoring it. I just sanded the trunk today, and guess what! No rust! Hopefully this continues to be just a really bad paint job! :D

·
Registered
707 Posts
So, I don't know if I'm welcome here now... Do you guys consider this an Impala? Cause I kinda do.. I'm going to be making a series of videos and pics of me restoring it. I just sanded the trunk today, and guess what! No rust! Hopefully this continues to be just a really bad paint job! :D

this site isn't for those cars but check out 348-409.com, or chevytalk.com It doesn't matter to me since I been into these cars over 25 yrs. I have a 62 Impala HT and a 63 4 door Biscayne. I've had maaany more though. My most special was a 64 SS with a 409.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
this site isn't for those cars but check out 348-409.com, or chevytalk.com It doesn't matter to me since I been into these cars over 25 yrs. I have a 62 Impala HT and a 63 4 door Biscayne. I've had maaany more though. My most special was a 64 SS with a 409.
I've been on ChevyTalk for years, I think of it as a " General Chevy place " not one that specializes in this car area. I don't know.
I'm gonna make a ChevyTalk Account now..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.