Chevy Impala SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulling the interior out to clean and redo. Found this attached to the vent in the center of the dash board. What does it do?

Attachments

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, now I dont have to worry about mounting it to the vent since I broke the tabs. I have never used the TS on purpose.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never had a reason to use.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
You've never driven your car at night?

I'll use it to turn the headlights on, but being that I park in the garage, if I'm not paying attention (which is pretty damned often) they'll automatically be on the next day while just cruising around town. I'll usually notice in the reflection of a Chevy/GM rear truck or SUV chrome bumper, since every other vehicle around here seems to be one.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guess I just never had a problem turning the lights on manually when I wanted them on.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess that's a option.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I'll use it to turn the headlights on, but being that I park in the garage, if I'm not paying attention (which is pretty damned often) they'll automatically be on the next day while just cruising around town.
Are you saying that with T/S on, the lights come on because of being in the garage (makes sense, but they also stay on when you get out in daylight?

If so, something's wrong. Once the sensor picks up enough light, the module should turn off the lights. That's how mine has always worked and how T/S works on other cars I know.

Maybe you just need to clean your sensor? I do that every couple of years. Nothing fancy, just a screen cleaner soaked paper towel and dab-twist it a few times.

·
Registered
439 Posts
If the sensor is no longer in the grill, the sensor will not get any light. The head lights will turn on all the time.

I broke mine off and just used super glue to put it back in place.

It has lasted the TX summer.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Are you saying that with T/S on, the lights come on because of being in the garage (makes sense, but they also stay on when you get out in daylight?

If so, something's wrong. Once the sensor picks up enough light, the module should turn off the lights. That's how mine has always worked and how T/S works on other cars I know.

Maybe you just need to clean your sensor? I do that every couple of years. Nothing fancy, just a screen cleaner soaked paper towel and dab-twist it a few times.
No, they'll turn off after a while. I just prefer not to drive around with the lights on during the day, even if it is only for a few minutes. I use the T/S at night mostly just so I can be lazy and not worry about turning them off when I park the car.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Yea, that's true. But if you turn the dial all the way down till it just about clicks, the lights should shut off within a few seconds of the sensor getting enough light.

No, they'll turn off after a while...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts